1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attachments allow .7zip

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by KURTZ, Aug 13, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

like the title said :)
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's configurable by the admin.
  3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

i knew this Mike, but i'm wondering if you want allow us to post here the .7zips :)
  4. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

Another suggestion,we'd better change the quantity of the attachment for ONE time uploading. One attachment for one upload is low efficient if i have many attachments to be uploaded at one time.
    fattony69 and KURTZ like this.
  5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

I agree.
  6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/attachments.120 :D
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

I vote for .rar before .7zip :D
  8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

How about?
  9. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

yeah, these should be included by default ... :)
  10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Definitely .rar :)
  11. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I vote for all the open standard video formats also :p... .ogg / .ogv / .webm etc... So sharing image tutorial on this site would be easier (as long as they are under 1MB that is)
  12. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I don't think the default list of attachment types should try to be everything to everybody. Pick the top 10 attachment types across the board and have those as the defaults. Admins can easily add more.
  13. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I expect to see eventually .diff and .gz added...
    When I see this, it means the software is about to be released. Exciting! :D
  14. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Lol No it should include every single possible attachment type every thought of :p /end sarcasam...

No I do agree, though I would suggest slightly more than 10, and the top 10 and most secure.. IE no .exe or .php etc files.. but .7z and .gz and .diff etc yes...
    Enigma likes this.