Attachment System Improvements in 1.1
(1) AdminCP Attachment Management
- browse attachments of entire forum.
- filter by uploader or date or attachment type (.pdf, .jpg, etc.)
- mass delete options available.
- view most recent attachments
- view largest attachments.
- can go from attachment to content ! (ie. view where this attachment is in the forums).
(2) Add attachments to Personal Conversations.
(1) - filter by name would be helpful (ie. *xenporta*, *blog*, *gallery*).
(2) - easily rename files for better SEO of images / attachments. Mass rename could be very interesting.
I bet google likes an image called jennifer.lopez.bikini.jpg better than untitled-1.jpg.
(3) I wonder if a "replace" function might be helpful.
- let say Jaxel ran a site and he wanted to update the version of XenPorta from 1.45 to 1.46.
- it might be nice to be able to replace the xenPorta.1.45.zip with xenPorta.1.46.zip
(4) Moderators can access attachments to forums they moderate only. (aka forum-specific permission-specific filtering).
- can I upload files to the Attachment Management section without attaching them to the forum ? (I suspect not).
Of course that would only apply to the forums the Moderator is moderating !
The issue is Moderators would have access to EVERY IMAGE attached to ANY Personal Conversation.
Let's say two Admins were attaching images to PCs.
Then 6 months later a Moderator could see the images.
That could be problematic.
If a moderator had that access ... might as well just make them an admin !
Update. A rogue Admin or Moderator could MASS DELETE EVERY ATTACHMENT ?
Whoa. I hope it wouldn't be hard to re-attach them all !!!!!
1) I don't see an issue at all, as it is permissions based. Mods will not have access to conversation attachments unless you want it.
2) There is a soft delete option, for sure. You will be able to restore them in a blink.
On large forums, there is NO WAY I want to maintain this by myself, I want to let the mods do the work also.