XF 1.1 Attachment System Improvements in 1.1

Although you will not have noticed it yet because of the permissions we have currently set here on XenForo.com, there has been work behind the scenes on the attachment system for 1.1...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really nice to see attachments in the PM system, thanks for adding this. This is one of the single most useful features as anyone who has tried to send a PM to someone with a PDF file for example, will know. It makes life SO much easier especially if you regularly send PDFs to members (in my case, invoices for advertising).

This might be a stupid question, but what the hell. I'll ask it anyway. If you click into the attachment image for a private conversation would you be able to view the whole conversation or just that post.

Really?

I'd rather say that any administrator who doesn't know what a kilobyte is, is probably a dangerous liability and should not wield admin privileges.
My suggestion is for the end user. File size can be displayed by mouseover as an example.

Really like it!

Am thinking it would be nice if a user could also view their own attachments, so that they could delete themselves or re attach to other posts, conversations?

I agree. Biggest thing for me is the ability to reuse the attachments elsewhere. This would then mean less duplication on the server from our point of view, and I would guess in a good many cases remove the need for a gallery if done in this way. My suggestion would be:

1. User Popup to show and select a previously used attachment to use in a new post
  2. A new tab within every users profile showing their attachments, filterable by type.
This takes the user gallery idea one step further. It allows more filetypes and doesnt detach it from the community because these files have actually come from content within the community itself.

Really like it!

Am thinking it would be nice if a user could also view their own attachments, so that they could delete themselves or re attach to other posts, conversations?

the ability for a user to find his very own attachments which he posted into the forums ...... would be nice.
Something like "Your Attachments".

another idea from this website:
it shows all videos which have been uploaded into the forums at one page:
https://www.team9000.net/goggles

But on the other hand this might be something for the "Resource Manager".....?

Awesome!!!

Please add the function to divide attachments into the following categories:
  1. images (png, gif, etc)
  2. documents (pdf, doc, etc)
  3. audio (mp3, etc)
  4. video (mpeg, avi, etc)
  5. files (php, zip, xml, etc)
That would lay the foundation for a lot of important addon functionality.

I hope you see where I am going with this. (I suspect you are way ahead of me already)

I did not liked this much, depending of the Forum people in some use the Upload system, in others they barely use it. But it would be helpfull for have a better view of the files hosted on the forum. :)

Very nice work indeed (y)

Would it be possible at some stage to have an option to display a default image for the one that was deleted, simular to Hotlink Protection ?

Very nice, this is a great tool. I'd like to have the attachment permissions expand so guests can see images but not files to be downloaded. I upload all my images through posts for news and would like guest to see these but have a problem with them being able to download without registering.

Top Bottom