• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Attachment Manager

Dynamic

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if a mod currently exists or if one is being worked on that allows users to control their uploaded files.

For example, lets say a user uploads "imgA" to reply to someones post. The file is 200kb in size. A week down the track the user would like to use "imgA" for their own post. As opposed to uploading it again, is there a way they can go into their uploaded content, select the image and insert it into their post as opposed to uploading it again?

I think you can currently add it as an attachment number, but they need to remember the number of the attachment. I am just wondering if there is a nice easy way to do with with a gui.

Thanks.

Nope, 1.1 has a manager, but it's in the admin area only. I have seen no evidence there is a front-end solution.

It would be a good idea to implement as part of the systems core. It will help save space and allow easy sharing of files with users.

What I desire most is the ability to re-use my attachments, so a thumbnail or [attach] .. would just work in my other posts.

That's tricky, because the attachments are content type specific:(

A attachment uploaded & insterted in a post can't be used for e.g. a article or blog post :(

I don't know why they implement it this way...:(

you would need to overwrite the whole attachment system..

I wish I could talk to you more about it, but I simply do not know how it works. I am not a programmer.

All I am saying is it would be cool if users could go into their panel, and put their attachments in folders "Photos/Funny/image.jpg". Then be able to use that photo in as many posts / articles / whatever they like. This way, they will not need to keep uploading them for different posts.

Just an idea...

All I am saying is it would be cool if users could go into their panel, and put their attachments in folders "Photos/Funny/image.jpg". Then be able to use that photo in as many posts / articles / whatever they like. This way, they will not need to keep uploading them for different posts.
Your idea is vool, but I don't think it would be helpful to most xenforo users.
I would like it.

One option would be to use [xfr]albums to upload the images.
and then somehow convince Pepelac to get you to be able to insert those images in posts via a icon in the editor that would look like this :
attach.images.from.xfr.albums.into.posts.webp

By your description so far, your idea may be more accurately described as a
"Personal images" or "Personal images manager" or "Member Images".

Your idea is vool, but I don't think it would be helpful to most xenforo users.
I would like it.

One option would be to use [xfr]albums to upload the images.
and then somehow convince Pepelac to get you to be able to insert those images in posts via a icon in the editor that would look like this :
View attachment 20450

By your description so far, your idea may be more accurately described as a
"Personal images" or "Personal images manager" or "Member Images".

G'day mate. Yeah for me images is the main thing, however for any sort of file it would be really cool.

Top Bottom