• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Attachment Manager

Dynamic

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if a mod currently exists or if one is being worked on that allows users to control their uploaded files.

For example, lets say a user uploads "imgA" to reply to someones post. The file is 200kb in size. A week down the track the user would like to use "imgA" for their own post. As opposed to uploading it again, is there a way they can go into their uploaded content, select the image and insert it into their post as opposed to uploading it again?

I think you can currently add it as an attachment number, but they need to remember the number of the attachment. I am just wondering if there is a nice easy way to do with with a gui.

Thanks.

F

Floris

Nope, 1.1 has a manager, but it's in the admin area only. I have seen no evidence there is a front-end solution.

Dynamic

It would be a good idea to implement as part of the systems core. It will help save space and allow easy sharing of files with users.

F

Floris

What I desire most is the ability to re-use my attachments, so a thumbnail or [attach] .. would just work in my other posts.

R

ragtek

That's tricky, because the attachments are content type specific:(

A attachment uploaded & insterted in a post can't be used for e.g. a article or blog post :(

I don't know why they implement it this way...:(

you would need to overwrite the whole attachment system..

Dynamic

I wish I could talk to you more about it, but I simply do not know how it works. I am not a programmer.

All I am saying is it would be cool if users could go into their panel, and put their attachments in folders "Photos/Funny/image.jpg". Then be able to use that photo in as many posts / articles / whatever they like. This way, they will not need to keep uploading them for different posts.

Just an idea...

Digital Doctor

All I am saying is it would be cool if users could go into their panel, and put their attachments in folders "Photos/Funny/image.jpg". Then be able to use that photo in as many posts / articles / whatever they like. This way, they will not need to keep uploading them for different posts.
Your idea is vool, but I don't think it would be helpful to most xenforo users.
I would like it.

One option would be to use [xfr]albums to upload the images.
and then somehow convince Pepelac to get you to be able to insert those images in posts via a icon in the editor that would look like this :
attach.images.from.xfr.albums.into.posts.jpg

By your description so far, your idea may be more accurately described as a
"Personal images" or "Personal images manager" or "Member Images".

Dynamic

Your idea is vool, but I don't think it would be helpful to most xenforo users.
I would like it.

One option would be to use [xfr]albums to upload the images.
and then somehow convince Pepelac to get you to be able to insert those images in posts via a icon in the editor that would look like this :
View attachment 20450

By your description so far, your idea may be more accurately described as a
"Personal images" or "Personal images manager" or "Member Images".
G'day mate. Yeah for me images is the main thing, however for any sort of file it would be really cool.