XF 2.2 Attached images thumbnails quality

Anatoliy

The square thumbnails of attached images are low quality on my forum. But they are good quality when inserted as thumbnails in a post.

1.webp

On your forum square thumbnails are good looking. It looks like you set thumbnail size to 400px. Do I need to change thumbnail size to 400px to have good quality square thumbnails?

Attachments

• b2.webp
    b2.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 4
Solution
Our attachment thumbnails are 300px. We now recommend a minimum of a 150px-200px thumb size. (There is currently an difference in how 2.2 generates attachment thumbnails that base it on the short edge length rather than the long edge; it's not 100% definitive that this won't change before the stable release.)
b2.webp

b2.jpg

hmm... maybe not 400px... insert as thumbnail - 578x300...

Could you please clear this mistery up? I'd like to have as good quality square thumbnails as yours.

Last edited:
Our attachment thumbnails are 300px. We now recommend a minimum of a 150px-200px thumb size. (There is currently an difference in how 2.2 generates attachment thumbnails that base it on the short edge length rather than the long edge; it's not 100% definitive that this won't change before the stable release.)

Solution
thanks!

Top Bottom