1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[attach] tag

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Jake Bunce, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is there an
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not at this point.
  3. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

You can copy the URL of the attached image and use the [IMG] tag. (As a workaround of course)
  4. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

This is the method I personally use.
  5. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

But then you have 2 images visible in your post, isn't it? I really, really dislike this. There should be a more simpler way for novice enduser to accomplish inline attachments. I love inline attachments in vBulletin. The benefits are obvious: for example when you need an image inside the context of your posting, etc.
    gordy and Alluidh like this.
  6. James

James Well-Known Member

The problem with attach tags is that someone can use them to attach something that isn't an image and it all becomes confusing. If it's an image it shouldn't display as an attachment but just an image (after all, nobody really downloads uploaded images and right click -> save is wonderful).
  7. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

I do it the same way in my vB. 90% of all images will be placed inside the text.
  8. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Well you have the full sized image in the post and a thumbnail of it at the bottom... Personally I don't think it looks that bad, and it works... Ok yes there are easier ways and they may be added latter but I don't see it as vital.
  9. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

It would be nice if there was a way for the thumbnail to not show when the image is embedded in the post...
    Princeton likes this.
  10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

This is why I always upload my screenshots and things to imgur.com and then embed the images. I don't like the look of the thumbnail at the bottom of the post. :)
  11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Looks like a quick way to insert attachments is being implemented...

Attached Files:

12. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Just testing...

Easy embedding is here :D... but it still shows the thumbnails even though it is in the post...

13. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Yup, and it's looking good.
  14. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

But still adds the thumbnail also... nice easy UI though... I like it...
  15. Princeton

Princeton Well-Known Member

we need a way to float image etc

hopefully, the attach thumbnail will be gone if large image is inserted within message

I agree it does look good.
  16. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Have i told you guys i love the way the devs think? rating-15_5.png
  17. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Only reason it does is because it's currently quite challenging to remove it, as there are some things happening that are deferred. I have it on my list to come back to.
  18. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

19. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Good to see this implemented, although I'll still be using imgur until there's no thumbnail. ;)
  20. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike .... A good step