1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Associate IP address to error log entry

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ManOnDaMoon, Apr 29, 2013.

1. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

I suggest that each server error log entry, especially those without an associated account, shoud be associated with the visitor IP address.

Why ?

Today I found something funny in my error log:
    with the following request:
    Code:
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(110) "http://kosminea.fr/libraries/oeuvres-litt%C3%A9raires-et-des-beaux-arts.42/?order=title'+and+(4=4+xor+4=6)--+a"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["order"] => string(28) "title' and (4=4 xor 4=6)-- a"
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }
    SQL injection tryouts? :)

Well, I would have loved to ban or at least nastily discourage the smart user IP. Unfortunately, it is not displayed within the log entry in admin.php?logs/server-error. Or is it visible elsewhere?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Its not displayed, but this is however, tracked. You can see it (although, without the periods in it) directly in the database

ManOnDaMoon likes this.
  3. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have removed the embedded video from the above post due to the profanity displayed in the title.

5. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I've banned the corresponding IP retrieved from the logs.

Still maintaining the suggestion for an easier access to this data, especially since it is stored in the DB.

Jeremy likes this.