Ashamed to be British

Here's something that's stirring people up now:

il0yDQ.jpg

Apparently Birmingham police have issued a warning and are on standby - I can't confirm this - don't know anyone who can.

Someone tell me this is a bad dream.. pinch me and wake me up... now :(

I just hope that there are some hard liners in tomorrow's parliament debate that demand stronger action. I have not worked my butt off for the last 22 years to see this happening in my Country. I have two children, 17.5 and 20 who are so well behaved I get compliments and I am classed as "middle class" by our standards. Why? Discipline and respect being teached to them as they were growing up. I never gave them pocket money. If they wanted any money from me they had to work for it just as I had to. They understand the value of money and the importance of having to work to get money. Also, I left them back in 1999 so you could class them as coming from a broken family.

I am sick to death of hearing all these excuses being made for the youth of today. Nothing to do, no jobs etc. Every generation goes through it. The only difference in my opinion is the silly laws brought in by the Labour Government which stopped schools from punishing children and all this "you have to be" politically correct crap. Christ I remember getting smacked by strangers if I was being naughty and if I went running to my Mum/Dad to complain they would turn round and say "You deserved it, should not have been naughty".

This was my fear after seeing those 3 poor guys being murdered last night in Birmingham. Please, let's not make this about race or religion - it's not, it's about greed and bad parenting.

I don't think it's even about bad parenting (in most cases I wouldn't say so) but primarily about greed. I'm sure that in alot of cases they are brought up without father figures in their lives but so have thousands of others who don't stoop to the level these thugs did.

Not totally disagreeing with you but I honestly feel with this riot and looting there was no agenda, nor cause but greed and violence and wanting to inflict pain on others was the driving force at play here. I can't state it enough, but i really hope those convicted are punished severely and are named and shamed so the public know who they are and what they did.

I just hope that there are some hard liners in tomorrow's parliament debate that demand stronger action. I have not worked my butt off for the last 22 years to see this happening in my Country. I have two children, 17.5 and 20 who are so well behaved I get compliments and I am classed as "middle class" by our standards. Why? Discipline and respect being teached to them as they were growing up. I never gave them pocket money. If they wanted any money from me they had to work for it just as I had to. They understand the value of money and the importance of having to work to get money. Also, I left them back in 1999 so you could class them as coming from a broken family.

I am sick to death of hearing all these excuses being made for the youth of today. Nothing to do, no jobs etc. Every generation goes through it. The only difference in my opinion is the silly laws brought in by the Labour Government which stopped schools from punishing children and all this "you have to be" politically correct crap. Christ I remember getting smacked by strangers if I was being naughty and if I went running to my Mum/Dad to complain they would turn round and say "You deserved it, should not have been naughty".

Well said, about this has nothing to do with jobs because the fact of the matter alot of these hooligans were 11-14 so this for me dismisses the high unemployment rate, lack of jobs, the no prospects excuse to be thrown out of the window as the blame factor. It's ****, they did it out of greed (as stated in my prev post) and to conduct violence. Sometimes there just doesn't have to be a reason why these scum of the earth do what they do.

Well said, about this has nothing to do with jobs because the fact of the matter alot of these hooligans were 11-14 so this for me dismisses the high unemployment rate, lack of jobs, the no prospects excuse to be thrown out of the window as the blame factor. It's ****, they did it out of greed (as stated in my prev post) and to conduct violence. Sometimes there just doesn't have to be a reason why these scum of the earth do what they do.

Totally agree with you. My children grew up without a father in the household since 1999. They haven't turned out bad whatsoever. They are actively look for jobs but do not go roaming the streets looking for stuff. Good job I am not in charge is all I can say else things would have turned out very different. No pussy footing around silly conceptions of being too harsh.

The real reason the thugs are taking to the streets:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

45 seconds in is the worst bit, admitting he's only there for the money.

My parents would kick my *** if I were out rioting, or I wouldn't eve have a home to go to.
Granada News said:
Manchester and Salford City Councils have warned any of their housing tenants could be evicted if they found guilty of causing trouble.

There seems to be a lot on the news about councils in Manchester & Salford threatening to evict guilty rioters (and families).

They're empty threats.

Even if they do evict (which is highly unlikely), they will just have to rehouse them.

That's how the system works.

Just checked the news again and our apartment is still standing...

The real reason the thugs are taking to the streets:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

45 seconds in is the worst bit, admitting he's only there for the money.
I have said something here on the forums before to this effect and it moves toward the notion that humans are born/raised to and must be either inherently good or evil. I don't like to put much into a static way of thinking but after one incurs loss at the hands of another for no apparent reason I have decided on coming to a conclusion that would suit that I could apply as a methodology to my thinking process.

at 58 seconds into that video that young confused individual is feeling his oats so to speak, because I think he for the first time in his life probably, when he looted and pillaged was able to provide himself with something tangible for the first time and that is something that we are hardwired to do since we were primitive lifeforms. That makes my example clear in my mind.

He says the police can't do anything at around that time...which to me says in his mind he is doing whatever he can get away with to get his. That is a sign of evil.

As far as being ashamed...don't...people do as people do no matter the language, location, voice, or message.

When people feel they are not held to a standard and that no one is watching they show their true colors..those who base their actions not on laws of man but on their principles and have a general respect for life will stand true to who they are even when there is no holds barred...whilst the ones who are generally evil will do whatever they think they will get away with as long as it does not cause them immediate pain. ...it just really sucks when some of these people share the same geographical location as yourself inside your countries borders. But this kind of thing happens everywhere at some time or another.

I don't hold anything against anyone that isn't a proven criminal in this case here with the riots and even more so I hold nothing against a country as a whole unless this was a sanctioned event hosted by the country which it obviously wasn't. I do believe that any sensible person would agree with me on at least this much.

At any rate I feel sorry for the innocent citizens that are having their lives either disrupted or changed in a permanent way by some bad people who are choosing to create an overall loss for a petty few nights of personal gain at a cost that should not have to be afforded by those incurring the loss.

This is the part where I think the people should be deputized to be able to legally hold their own. If you can legally police your own property people would think twice about launching a projectile at you.

martial law in riot areas ... everybody off public streets after dark????

that is why we here in the US we are so emphatic about rights of private citizens to own and bear arms. when it is illegal only the criminals will have them. enuff said. ~peace

UPDATE - are the police really trained for this type of thing. govenors of US states would activate the national guard way before it got totally out of hand. ~peace

I have said something here on the forums before to this effect and it moves toward the notion that humans are born/raised to and must be either inherently good or evil. I don't like to put much into a static way of thinking but after one incurs loss at the hands of another for no apparent reason I have decided on coming to a conclusion that would suit that I could apply as a methodology to my thinking process.

at 58 seconds into that video that young confused individual is feeling his oats so to speak, because I think he for the first time in his life probably, when he looted and pillaged was able to provide himself with something tangible for the first time and that is something that we are hardwired to do since we were primitive lifeforms. That makes my example clear in my mind.

He says the police can't do anything at around that time...which to me says in his mind he is doing whatever he can get away with to get his. That is a sign of evil.

As far as being ashamed...don't...people do as people do no matter the language, location, voice, or message.

When people feel they are not held to a standard and that no one is watching they show their true colors..those who base thei actions not on laws of man but on their prinicples and have a general respect for life will stand true to who they are even when there is no holds barred...whilst the ones who are generally evil will do whatever they think they will get away with as long as it does not cause them immediate pain. ...it just really sucks when some of these people share the same geographical location as yourself inside your countries borders. But this kind of thing happens everywhere at some time or another.

I don't hold anything against anyone that isn't a proven criminal in this case here with the riots and even more so I hold nothing against a country as a whole unless this was a sanctioned event hosted by the country which it obviously wasn't. I do believe that any sensible person would aggree with me on at least this much.

At any rate I feel sorry for the innocent citizens that are having they're lives either disrupted or changed in a permanent way by some bad people who are choosing to create an overall loss for a petty few nights of personal gain at a cost that should not have to be afforded by those incurring the loss.

This is the part where I think the people should be deputized to be able to legally hold their own. If you can legally police your own property people would think twice about launching a projectile at you.

As much as I want to reply I simply cannot. My anger toward the scum of Britain is too great and I would happily see them punished so badly.

As much as I want to reply I simply cannot. My anger toward the scum of Britain is too great and I would happily see them punished so badly.
I respect that and I want reply to part of your post amended properly to suit how I truly feel on a personal level as far as the totality of my outlook on this series of events happening.
.. the scum of Britain the world should be punished equally blind of prejudice.

Top Bottom