Articles with xenForo?

gimpo

Hallo,
I'm playing with the forum demo, and I'm quite intrigued.

Here my question: I would like to publish some articles (i.e. tutorials) containing photos and text with a decent layout, it is possible with xenForo?

As I can see, the only place where I can post something like that is under the Resources menu, unfortunately the text editor seems quite poor for that purposes. For example, no horizontal ruler is available, also is not possible to divide the article in "pages".
Is available some more advanced text editor? Maybe an add-on? Or there is some work-around?

Thanks for the answer.

I think we can put a stop to this discussion here
Wait; is that a sniff at CTA FT part deux? :unsure: ;) 😁
This just doesn't make sense to me at all. He rewrote his massive addons within a year, while each addon originally took years to write. All in his spare time. Its an insane undertaking. Not just a bit insane, but no sleep, no off time insane. Just so we can upgrade to XF2.1
Its not strange that not all features have been implemented yet. Patience is a virtue. Instead of complaining about it, consider the sacrifice made for our benefit. I can only have the utmost respect for that.
Agreed. this guy is a machine and doesn't stop to help others. I have seen myself drop an email/message - stupid O'clock and he still replies.
He's one of the best guys on here.
Perhaps you had a bad experience @Miacommunity over something silly, or miscommunication. But @Bob is very, very adept at what he does and is always very professional.
Does Bob even live outside, you know, in the real world sunshine et al!? ;)

Wait; is that a sniff at CTA FT part deux? :unsure:;)😁

Agreed. this guy is a machine and doesn't stop to help others. I have seen myself drop an email/message - stupid O'clock and he still replies.
He's one of the best guys on here.
Perhaps you had a bad experience @Miacommunity over something silly, or miscommunication. But @Bob is very, very adept at what he does and is always very professional.
Does Bob even live outside, you know, in the real world sunshine et al!? ;)

Not sure what that has to do with the discussion. :unsure:

Everything.

Just FYI, Bob is a nice guy. Very helpful. I would definitely recommend his AMS add-on. Do not let one person's opinion put you off. GL with whatever you choose to do!

AMS in action with styling customization:
AMS is one of the best XenForo add-ons IMO.

Agreed, Bob is a stand-up guy and his products are top notch.

I was told that you are working on some "portal" style front page for AMS. Is that true? I would need something like that.

I'm not an add-on developer, I just customize existing add-ons through styling. I'm using Bob's Article add-on on my screenshot you see, just rather heavily customized through the style.

I'm not an add-on developer, I just customize existing add-ons through styling. I'm using Bob's Article add-on on my screenshot you see, just rather heavily customized through the style.
But I am not able so heavily customize AMS for my home page. So how else can I get such style as you have made?

Top Bottom