Article Forum Symmetrical Grid Layout

Article Forum Symmetrical Grid Layout

Anybody here implemented the Equal Grid - Fixed Footer?
May I take a look on your install?

It's somewhat broken on Safari Browser MacOS based on my testing.

Any ideas how to make the layout 2 columns instead of 4, with the fixed footer?

Brogan updated Article Forum Symmetrical Grid Layout with a new update entry:

Configuring the layout for 2 or 3 articles per row

This modification is courtesy of @BassMan

The core code is the same as for the Equal Grid - Fixed Footer layout in the main resource: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/article-forum-symmetrical-grid-layout.8303/

Add the following code before it:
Less:
.p-body-main:not(.p-body-main--withSidebar) .block--previews .block-body
{
    grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 1fr);
    grid-template-areas: "a a" "b_1 b_2" "b_3 b_4";
}

That will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I love this but the one issue I have is that the existing spacing on the articles page is undone (not super familiar with this stuff lol) so a specific graphic of my style covers the previous article, making it basically invisible. Luckily, I used a test version of my theme to try this so it didn't affect the live version.

It doesn't require any additional code or add-ons.

It works on the default style but I can't say whether it will work on all third party styles.

I am using it with the Flare theme from ThemeHouse and it works almost perfectly. (Margins need slight tweaking but functionally, it's 100%.)

But that is no guarantee it will work on other third party themes.

Hi @Brogan,

Thank you for this guide. The presentation is very nice, and it works as intended except for this minor bug. In the first 5 articles, the preview image is a different size than in the next articles. Do you have any idea what is causing this, please?

Attachments

• articles.webp
    articles.webp
    103 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The image sizes are based on the ratio of the image - they are not all forced to a specific size.

You can updated the code to do that if you wish.

The image sizes are based on the ratio of the image - they are not all forced to a specific size.
Thanks for your reply.

I have replaced the image by trying different sizes/ratio/etc, and still looks the same. It seems like something is forcing the first 5 articles to have that size.

Top Bottom