ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
It would be nice to see a XenForo demo.
Not currently, although we are planning on adding group settings in the next major update.
Is there an ETA on this? Group permissions is pretty vital.
Do you intent to apply full XenForo usergroup permissions or only hide the function like Cometchat does?

@ArrowSuites
Does it support RTL?

And yes, I would also like to see user group permissions, especially assigning the chat to certain users and user groups (for a consultation forum for example. Private 1:1 consultations via chat).

Last edited:
@ArrowSuites
Does it support RTL?

And yes, I would also like to see user group permissions, especially assigning the chat to certain users and user groups (for a consultation forum for example. Private 1:1 consultations via chat).

It's possible by just altering the CSS slightly, but official support will come next update.

We did write a small guide for implementing user group features on your own: http://www.arrowchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1651 This will eventually become part of the default package, though.

Hi, I have installed the Trial version of the arrow chat, but unable to locate "Data Base Name ________ the name of your existence user database" - any help?

Hi, I have installed the Trial version of the arrow chat, but unable to locate "Data Base Name ________ the name of your existence user database" - any help?
Your database information can be found in your XenForo config file. I believe it is located at /libray/config.php

Are there any examples of XenForo big boards running this? I generally have 6000 people online.

Are there any examples of XenForo big boards running this? I generally have 6000 people online.
For privacy reasons we can't disclose any sites running ArrowChat. However, you should be okay depending on what kind of server you are running. You also have the option of running ArrowChat off a push server which reduces load by 95%.

We always support the latest version of any supported integration. If something is ever changed to break the integration, you'd just need to open a support ticket and we'll fix it.
howdy -- i'm confused by this; 1.3 is still in beta -- is it supported yet? We're building our site from scratch with 1.3, so it would be great if it (roughly) worked already.

howdy -- i'm confused by this; 1.3 is still in beta -- is it supported yet? We're building our site from scratch with 1.3, so it would be great if it (roughly) worked already.
It hasn't been tested by us, but we also haven't received any complaints yet (which we normally will within days of something breaking). Regardless, we'll fix it for you if you have any problems.

It hasn't been tested by us, but we also haven't received any complaints yet (which we normally will within days of something breaking). Regardless, we'll fix it for you if you have any problems.

Thanks -- just two more questions!

1) we run all of our services (including XF) over SSL -- is that OK with your software and

2) what are the privacy implications of using ArrowChat? How do the messages get sent? directly between users, or do they traverse your servers? and if so, is any encryption employed?

thanks!

Thanks -- just two more questions!

1) we run all of our services (including XF) over SSL -- is that OK with your software and

2) what are the privacy implications of using ArrowChat? How do the messages get sent? directly between users, or do they traverse your servers? and if so, is any encryption employed?

thanks!
As of right now, everything works on SSL but the Facebook integration which we'll have fixed very shortly.

Messages are stored only on your own server. You can choose to setup a cron job and delete any data every so often if you want, or it can be down manually via the admin panel.

Top Bottom