ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
Has anyone seen any problems running arrowchat with XF1.5.3? I have been having a series of issues with dropped database tables after a 1.5.3 upgrade. I had thought it might be malicious but today when I restored the XF database into a new db (which worked) and once I ensured that XF 1.5.3 was functional pointed my installation of Arrowchat to the new db. I saw tables getting dropped as soon as I did that. I've since gone back and restored (again) but before I did, removed the pointer to the new db in the Arrowchat config.php file.

fingers crossed so far so good. I had planned to upgrade to the recent version of arrowchat (I am running 1.8.2) but think I will create a test instance of XF and run the upgrade on this first. Iv'e not seen any reports in the arrowchat forums about dropped tables but wondered if anyone had seen any issues at all.

thanks

The dropped tables (and to be precise it was a column in a table not the whole thing) were the forum node.id most notably--I htink one or two others but dont recall...its been a long night. Its just odd that immediately after I switched over the arrowchat connection, the site went down after a good upgrade to 1.5.3

For now its all up and running, save arrowchat, I'm going to create a test site and fiddle with that to see if I can reproduce so I dont piss off my members any more.
thanks

The dropped tables (and to be precise it was a column in a table not the whole thing) were the forum node.id most notably--I htink one or two others but dont recall...its been a long night
There's nothing in ArrowChat that would cause XenForo tables to become dropped. As said in the other thread, it's likely to be a XenForo add-on, so look at the others you have installed.

@Martok - do you still currently use this add on? All members are allowed to use the chat feature? I guess my concern was that if it would take away from the forums at all. Also, are you on shared hosting and if so, any effects of slowing the site down or other issues?

@Martok - do you still currently use this add on? All members are allowed to use the chat feature? I guess my concern was that if it would take away from the forums at all. Also, are you on shared hosting and if so, any effects of slowing the site down or other issues?
Yes I still use it. It hasn't taken away from the forums. All members use it now though initially I restricted it to full members only. I used it on shared hosting but I'm now on VPS. Mine is only a small site so it's been fine, a large site on shared hosting may or may not have issues, I can't really say.

how can i make the bar not go all the way across the bottom, it should be short like face books until you instigate chats

nvr mind its in the settings

Last edited:
i have a mod that allows me to "add to head" anything i want , i put the head code in that template and the ajax loader kept firing over and over on my pages, so i took the code out and went to the main page_container template and put the code immediately after the opening <head> tag and no more ajax loader now

I think about replacing my cometchat with arrowchat. What is your experience concerning refreshing the chat box over several tabs? Doese this work without any issues? @Martok , may I ask you as you are one of the very satisfied users?

I think about replacing my cometchat with arrowchat. What is your experience concerning refreshing the chat box over several tabs? Doese this work without any issues? @Martok , may I ask you as you are one of the very satisfied users?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this? If you mean does the chat carry on the chat in one tab to the same chat in another tab e.g. you type in one and your message is seen in chat across all tabs and replies from others are also seen across chats in all tabs, then the answer is no. I've just tested this again in both Chrome and Firefox. All I see is the response from a user on one chat, not all of them, also I only see my messages in one chat (unless you refresh the page, that is).

Top Bottom