Implemented  'Are you sure you want to mark all forums as READ?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Hey guys,

I think the position of the 'Mark all forums read' button is very not-good :(
I often click on it accidentally and than I can't read my content anymore...

I suggest 2 things
- A message: "Are you sure you want to mark all forums as READ?"
- Change the position of the button.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
also, the position (sort order) of the buttons in the Forums-subnav should be changed towards.

1. What´s New
2. Watched Threads
3. Mark all forums read (if that feature is needed after all ?)

Along with an option on the popup to not show it again. If I accidently click it too often, I'll move it. If I keep getting asked when I DO click it, I tend to get somewhat agitated.

I think moving it would be the best option...

For the logout a popup is necessary though.

I just accidentally hit it for the first time. Glad to hear a confirmation dialog is in the works.

Oh god.. Please get rid of it. I use "Mark all as read" a LOT. That popup is going to get old in a hurry.

I'm sorry, it has to go. Or give us the option to store a cookie that bypasses it. It's already aggravating me to the point to where it's a deal breaker.

Anything which has an irreversible effect must have a confirmation dialogue.

I have already accidentally marked all forums read and logged myself out several times.

Why do you guys use it so often? :confused:

Cause I am desperately Type A and I can't leave unread threads in the forum lol ;)

Actually, when I come on and there's a lot of new posts, I read the ones I want to in each forum, then mark it read. So then afterwards I can just check for new posts. :) I actually don't use it terribly much, but I just don't like unnecessary popups I guess. :)

If I nail the button accidentally, shame on me. I rarely do it. But I DO use it fairly regularly, and I already know I want to do it. I don't need a stinking popup asking me if I'm sure I want to do something I've already told the software to do. Either give us the option to suppress the popup or get rid of the bloody thing. It's annoying as hell.

Signing out is recoverable, but marking the forums read isn't, by the nature of how it works. It really needs a confirmation for that reason alone, IMO.

Then please give us the option to select something that prohibits it from popping up. I hate confirmation popups with a passion, especially with functions I tend to use on a regular basis.

Then please give us the option to select something that prohibits it from popping up. I hate confirmation popups with a passion, especially with functions I tend to use on a regular basis.

To make an option just for that is kind of waste.

I'm just surprised in general. You seem to be the only person who uses that feature often enough to get annoyed by the confirmation dialog.

Why? Confirmation dialogues in operating systems, browsers, etc. usually give you the option of "Don't show this again". Why should this be any different? Show me once and let me select "Don't show this again". Done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom