Implemented  'Are you sure you want to mark all forums as READ?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Hey guys,

I think the position of the 'Mark all forums read' button is very not-good :(
I often click on it accidentally and than I can't read my content anymore...

I suggest 2 things
- A message: "Are you sure you want to mark all forums as READ?"
- Change the position of the button.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You've made me take a minute to think about this - I think I would use it very rarely if there was the double click on the forum icon thing to mark a forum read. Also I think it's the sheer volume of posts and the type of forum that this is that makes me use it more, and the fact that there are a couple forums (Test & Bug Reports) I don't want to read at all. So I guess for use on my own forum the popup wouldn't be that big of a deal. I still feel like it's an unnecessary extra step though - and if you accidentally do it, big whoop, really.I don't know - to each his own I guess. :)

It shouldn't pop up if there aren't unread posts because obviously it doesn't do anything then.

I still feel like it's an unnecessary extra step though - and if you accidentally do it, big whoop, really.I don't know - to each his own I guess. :)

Depends, but I use What's New? a lot to keep track of all the posts. I do this on several forums I visit. Accidentally marking them read means hundreds of posts become read, and there's no option to undo it and try to go back and read what I've missed.

I see your point, and I pretty much use What's New on forums as well. I don't know why I use mark forum read here so much lol. Just a suggestion when you accidentally do it, cause I've done it, you can try the search for the posts in the past day - better than nothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom