Are you night time Geek?

CTXMedia

I often get more work done on a night - when the family have wandered off to bed - and just wondered if others are the same?

Is it a geek thing, staying up until the early hours in front of a computer, whizzing from site to site, posting, reading, and twiddling with our setups (nooooo ... it's not a euphemism!!!) :) ?

I must clarify that I have a regular day job and don't make my living from my forums, so evenings are the main time I have for doing my "geek" thing, but I'm often up until the early hours of the morning twiddling away, and can't imagine I'm alone in my nocturnal pursuits? am I?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I am a habitual nightowl. I have to have quiet when I work, as I have ADD, and noise distracts me.
So I do what I have to do at night after I've put my son to bed and everything's off.
The fact that I am able to have a job that allows me to work at night is a wonderful thing. :)

I'm always up to late. it's 2am in the UK!

Insomnia mainly, plus I'm almost certainly borderline Aspergers which probably doesn't help.

Since beginning to play with forums I am more inclined to spend hours well past the normal bedtime. The new job means that I do not need to be in until 8AM so that gives me more time to play. :)

I get to be a geek at work. It's fun!

I've found that if I don't force myself to go to bed at a decent hour, I manage to lose myself in some project. One night I looked at the clock at 10. I gave myself fifteen minutes...then things just started to roll. Next thing I knew, it was 2:45 and I could barely keep my eyes open.

Made for a fun day at work the next day.

Thing is, none of my non-geek friends quite understand what I'm going through. :)

I used to be quite the night owl. Starting when I was 13, I would stay up until probably about 4 AM working on web designs and practicing programming-related things. Now a days, I'm in bed usually by 10 at the latest and up at 5:30 AM for work.

Thing is, none of my non-geek friends quite understand what I'm going through. :)

You have to be a nighttime geek to understand a nighttime geek.
yes.gif

I too have always been a night owl and have trouble sleeping and have done since I was 16. Example is tonight I went to bed early and have just woken up. Anyway, Because I work from home I can get the work done anytime of the day/night though it happens that the majority of my work get's done at night.

If I get 3 hours sleep per 24hours I'm good.

If taking time out to hang with yourself and do something you enjoy is considered geeky. Well, sign me up for a fresh pocket protector and a pair of taped glasses cause I'm guilty on all counts too :cool:

If taking time out to hang with yourself and do something you enjoy is considered geeky. Well, sign me up for a fresh pocket protector and a pair of taped glasses cause I'm guilty on all counts too :cool:
LOL! I wear glasses, but they're not taped.

haha not me! Though I'll probably have to think about making some dinner soon... it's 3am and I haven't eaten yet - whoops!

Top Bottom