Are you night time Geek?

I am a habitual nightowl. I have to have quiet when I work, as I have ADD, and noise distracts me.
So I do what I have to do at night after I've put my son to bed and everything's off.
The fact that I am able to have a job that allows me to work at night is a wonderful thing. :)

+1 Peg! (y)

dinner at 3am??

I just had a nice breakfast at 6 Pm

Left to my own devices, I go completely nocturnal and sleep for 12 hours through the day >.>
Pretty sure I have this :(

Feels bad man
Got a witness Bro!

Yep, I can't get most of the things I want to done before 10PM. So, usually I'll wake up in the afternoon, mingle with the "common folk" for a few hours, and then when they retire for the night I scurry back to my cave of magical things where I promptly begin to do a lot of mental work that makes up for the physical work others do. :D
Looks like the bigger question might be who in this community does NOT manifest this syndrome (sic).

Studies I've heard about say it has a good bit to do about light exposure late at night e.g. computer screen, boob toob, etc.

But I also TOTALLY relate to the fact that it is just quieter... since I'm not in a big city, LOTS quieter.

As we earthchildren say: Between the Worlds.... :rolleyes:

I've always been a late-night/wee hours geek, until a year ago when daytime duties required more nighttime sleep. I've seen quite a few nights when the sun started coming up again - and occasional times like the song says: "For the second time since I got up it's getting dark again" - lol. *sigh*...I miss those times.
Yeah an no doubt being up on CBI with the more extreme light/dark changes from season to season... zzzz oh scuse me, dozed off for a minute there! :sleep:

Regarding the original topic, lets just say I like this time of day. The activity on xf is down a bit, I can help people, and the email popups & IMs have stopped..

But I am no longer a night time person though I once was.

I USED to be a morning person. Ever since hanging out with coding geeks, I find myself up later and later...

While sleep is a blessing, trying to sleep when your body doesn't want to is a curse and is stressful when there are no sheep to count. I don't know if I stay up and get geek about life as a cure ...or have problems sleeping because I'm getting geeky with it but sleep is kind of a when I get around to it kind of thing. LOL my life feels like the animated version of the world's worst run on sentence.

Either way....it gives me more time to be a geek which is better than what I used to do. As far as night and day ..well it is clear as the difference of night and day that I prefer night hours... it just sucks that I'm not traveling across timezones in some kind of ship at the same rate and opposite of the worlds rotation so I could have perma-nights. Maybe I should move to the arctic circle...Do they have that internet thing up there?

Just edit/copy contents of post/cancel edit - the slowly build up 1 post. Lets see if you can do it :)
Thanks for the workaround. I'll use it, but it's disappointingly obtuse for newbies (which all of my customers will be, as most are not coders). Looking forward to a proper implementation of the multi-quote feature.

Ok... now back to what this thread is actually about...

Used to be a night-owl, for sure. Many nights were spent hunched over my computer when I was younger. I'm still more of an evening person, though I nowadays sleep more. The drag of the mortgage, I guess.

I'm far from a morning person, and actually am hardly ever able to think straight before my coffee, though I will admit that since last week (when I started my new job, which contrary to my last two jobs that I was pretty much forced to take due to the prospect of ending up unemployed otherwise, I love), I do find it easier to wake up and go to work now.

I have what Jaxel said, though. If I'm trying to deal with a problem, it'll be in my head 24/7. I cannot count the times I woke up in the dead middle of the night with a solution for whatever issue there was.

*looks at clock*
Guess that answers the question. I am on Spring Break, though, so I can sleep in. :D

(really, I'm just browsing forums and playing Pokémon, but... :p)

Yes, I very much used to be a night-time person, but I did work nights for over 14 years which caused it all for me.
Now that I don't work nights anymore, working days instead. I avoid stopping-up very late and keep myself in a day-time routine, much better for your health and just about everything else. I do have the odd hick-up still, stopping up late at times. But these days that's not very often and try not to do it, because it messes-up your sleeping pattern big time.

Let me attempt to educate. :)
(groovie moovie)

And so we have "Multi quote"...?!
thanks very much for taking the time to show how it's done Mikey. I think I got it now.
Just looking forward to their making it self-explanatory so I don't have to have this same conversation with half of my users, many of whom are senior citizens.

Interesting to see how you embedded the youtube also.

thanks very much for taking the time to show how it's done Mikey. I think I got it now.
Just looking forward to their making it self-explanatory so I don't have to have this same conversation with half of my users, many of whom are senior citizens.

I'm looking forward to a better implementation of MQ.

I USED to be a morning person. Ever since hanging out with coding geeks, I find myself up later and later...
Just because you're a night owl, doesn't mean you can't also be a morning person.

I myself am a night owl... However, I am also a morning person. The moment I wake up in the morning, "I am up and at`em". I don't wake up groggy or anything like that. My morning just happens to be at 2 o`clock in the afternoon.

Even tho I'm a nightowl, I have no choice but to be a morning person as well.
I'm usually up wil 2 or 3 am, sometimes 4 am, and my son has to get up at 7:15 for school, so my alarm goes off at 7am.
So yeah, I usually get an average of around 4 hours

Thank GOD for kawfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :coffee:

You're welcome to use my video as an example until then. Personally I like it like it is right now :p
Interesting to see how you embedded the youtube also.
Another 'groovie movie' :p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom