1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you manage time between a full time job/forum management?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Divvens, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

It was all fun and fine until I got a full time job, ever since I've been finding it really hard to get involved in forum management, I have a dedicated team of moderators who ensure all runs smooth but I miss being able to actively participate in the discussions and interact with the community on a daily basis.

My forum is more of a hobby/passion and is run via personal funds and member donations rather than advertisement, so it isn't a priority to be involved for any monetary reasons, but its more of a emotional thing in this case. Just wanted to get others opinion on it :)
  2. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

I'm doing it the other way. Have been working full time job and started the forum. Looking to retire at year end and planning to spend more time with the forum!
  3. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.
    I'm just doing the "admin stuff" and server maintenance. I wish I had more time.
    Divvens likes this.
  4. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Full time job is about 40hr/week. Sleeping is about 56hr/week. There are 168hr/week. What do you do the rest 72hr/week? (avg. of 10.3hr/day if we include weekends and stuff).
    I don't put more than 1-1.5hr/day on my forums. Some days/weeks I'm there for 20-30min/day. It all depends, and most importantly - time management. But you said your forum is not for profit, so I guess it's different...
    I don't see anything exciting/for fun in terms of building forums. I don't even understand people who waste so much money on this "fun". But some people have different preferences, so I guess...
  5. BoostN

BoostN Active Member

I found it works best to manage your forum while at your "real job". :D
    Fred. likes this.