How do you manage time between a full time job/forum management?

Divvens

It was all fun and fine until I got a full time job, ever since I've been finding it really hard to get involved in forum management, I have a dedicated team of moderators who ensure all runs smooth but I miss being able to actively participate in the discussions and interact with the community on a daily basis.

My forum is more of a hobby/passion and is run via personal funds and member donations rather than advertisement, so it isn't a priority to be involved for any monetary reasons, but its more of a emotional thing in this case. Just wanted to get others opinion on it :)

It was all fun and fine until I got a full time job, ever since I've been finding it really hard to get involved in forum management, I have a dedicated team of moderators who ensure all runs smooth but I miss being able to actively participate in the discussions and interact with the community on a daily basis.

My forum is more of a hobby/passion and is run via personal funds and member donations rather than advertisement, so it isn't a priority to be involved for any monetary reasons, but its more of a emotional thing in this case. Just wanted to get others opinion on it :)
I'm doing it the other way. Have been working full time job and started the forum. Looking to retire at year end and planning to spend more time with the forum!

I know what you mean.
I'm just doing the "admin stuff" and server maintenance. I wish I had more time.

Full time job is about 40hr/week. Sleeping is about 56hr/week. There are 168hr/week. What do you do the rest 72hr/week? (avg. of 10.3hr/day if we include weekends and stuff).
I don't put more than 1-1.5hr/day on my forums. Some days/weeks I'm there for 20-30min/day. It all depends, and most importantly - time management. But you said your forum is not for profit, so I guess it's different...
I don't see anything exciting/for fun in terms of building forums. I don't even understand people who waste so much money on this "fun". But some people have different preferences, so I guess...

Top Bottom