XF 1.5 Are there any plans to add the possibility of Discouraging a User Group?

XFuser

Hello,

We would like to not only be able discourage users using the warning points system, but to also display a tag on their profile to publicly show they are currently discouraged.

However, we are currently unable to do this in Xenforo because the Warning Action only allows you to either select "Discouragement" or a User Group, and the Edit User Group page doesn't allow you to discourage an entire User Group.

This would be solved by simply allowing us to discourage a User Group, and then selecting that User Group in the Warning Action page.

Are there any plans to do this in the near future?

Thank you.

While you can't discourage a group, you can discourage an individual member and then add the member to a user group to apply the discouraged title / banner.

While you can't discourage a group, you can discourage an individual member and then add the member to a user group to apply the discouraged title / banner.
The idea is for this to be done automatically via the Warning system, not for us to have to manually add users to user groups once they've been discouraged by the Warning system.

It would seem pretty trivial to add this (e.g. simply add the "Discouraged" option in User Groups), but we're sure there are hidden complexities of implementing this which we cannot see.

Are there any plans to add the Discouragement option to User Groups?

In all honesty, it's not something we've considered as far as I can recall, nor is it something I've seen suggested before as far as I can remember. That would be the starting point for a feature request such as this; create a new thread in the Suggestions forum (assuming one doesn't already exist).

In all honesty, it's not something we've considered as far as I can recall, nor is it something I've seen suggested before as far as I can remember. That would be the starting point for a feature request such as this; create a new thread in the Suggestions forum (assuming one doesn't already exist).
OK, we'll do that. Thank you.

Top Bottom