1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are some members not imported?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by RobParker, Apr 5, 2012.

1. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I've just done a test import from VB3.7 to XF and on VB it stated that I had 20,275 but now on XF it states only 18,906.

Are some members not imported for some reason or is it just a counter issue?

2. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

I have seen issues with the counters in several imports (most frightingly threads). However, I do believe it is just the counter that is off, and that the entities in question are actually being imported properly.

I have voiced concern over these incorrect counters to my clients as I spotted them, but none have come back to report an issue yet. I would therefore conclude things do work, just are reported incorrectly in the import for some reason.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the user count in the database.

XenForo's member count excludes banned and moderated users, and users who haven't yet confirmed their emails. vB counts all users. That's why the difference in the member count.
    SchmitzIT and RobParker like this.
  4. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Hmph. I misread, apparently. I thought you refered to the usercount, but after seeing Jake's reply, I get what you meant :)
  5. Carlos B

Carlos B Member

vBulletin's user count includes all members including banned members and validating members. I'm not sure about XenForo, but that's my best guess.