XF 2.1 Some members not validating their emails...

DarkGizmo

Some legit members will sign up to my forum but not activate their accounts and remain in "Awaiting email activation". There is no indication they did or didn't get the activation email, and when this happens they tend to not return.......is there a way to send them a reminder/another validation email after so many days? If not, what is the best way to rectify this issue so people can register and get into their accounts ensuring they definitely get access but also combating spambots? Any suggestions?

Simply delete their account after a period of time, say 7 days, without validating their email address. They will register again if they need it.

Some legit members will sign up to my forum but not activate their accounts and remain in "Awaiting email activation". There is no indication they did or didn't get the activation email, and when this happens they tend to not return.......is there a way to send them a reminder/another validation email after so many days? If not, what is the best way to rectify this issue so people can register and get into their accounts ensuring they definitely get access but also combating spambots? Any suggestions?
I have the exact same issue and can't find the solution to it.
We have an add-on that sends any such user a reminder email after a number of days, and optionally automatically deletes them another number of days further down the road.
Yes, use the TH addon Lucas linked you. That will resend the users emails to reconfirm.
Thank you both. (y)

Top Bottom