Are my attachment views broken?

D.O.A.

I've noticed a few attachments with 0 views although people have clearly viewed them. I opened them myself and kept an eye on the attachment table in the database, views for that post never increased from 0. The table xf_attachment_view is empty, not sure what it should contain. Running the update views cron never helped either. I've only ever updated versions as far as major changes go and added a few mods, so I have no idea what could have gone wrong.
Any suggestions appreciated.

If the attachment is embedded in a post, it looks like we don't count views. This might actually apply to the lightbox as well, which may be incorrect.

Check an attachment that hasn't been inserted into the post.

If the attachment is embedded in a post, it looks like we don't count views. This might actually apply to the lightbox as well, which may be incorrect.

Check an attachment that hasn't been inserted into the post.

In the lightbox the attachment image does not increase the views count. Opening the image directly in the browser did. So the lightbox does not count hits? can I disable the lightbox? I'd like a count of my views over a prettier way of displaying them.

Can this be moved to suggested features or even bugs? as having views not counted in the lightbox is kind of strange/frustrating. It's redundant keeping a count at all the way my forums run (attachment based topics & image forum).

(I'm assuming my setup has no problems of course and lightbox hits are not counted, as discussed above)

We are just reviewing the code to try to remember our reasons for not logging views - so far we are drawing a blank, so we will likely adjust it for 1.0.3 so that all attachment views are counted.

Top Bottom