Are IGN moving to XenForo?

So IGN is moving their boards to xen? That is a good bit of visibility.
I was about to say the same. My response was like: :eek:
I'm fairly sure their boards ARE on XenForo. Look at the post bit on any one of them...
I just checked and I must say you're right. It's using most of xenforo's code. Parts of the old forum is still there if you check the postcount link.

I'm fairly sure their boards ARE on XenForo. Look at the post bit on any one of them...
I see the postbit looks similar but the code really doesn't look the same, the divs and such are named differently and I don't see any of XF's javascript included.

Links to where you are seeing this? I have my doubts on this presently..
http://boards.ign.com/ps3_lobby/b8269/205559145/p1/?26

Look at the postbit design. It feels a lot like xenforo.
Same here, none of the links look the same nor the structure.
xenIGN.webp
There's your proof. In a standard xenforo postbit if you turn on postcount on postbit, the postcount shows a link to your latest posts, as shown. When you click a member's avatar in standard xenforo the membercard shows the postcount as a link, too.

Whilist with ign's new postbit, click a member's avatar, a javascript comes up showing their own membercard.

I don't think IGN is using XenForo. Why would they rewrite it to use XHTML 1.0 Strict when XF uses HTML5?

Maybe I had bad wording. :(
So much for proof.
As always with some of your posts, please check yourself before just jumping to assumptions and then oversell it as something it isn't. Think twice before posting, you get a lot less slack from others.

"omg a border around an avatar, LETS SUE THEM!", IB shouted with hands in the air.

As always with some of your posts, please check yourself before just jumping to assumptions and then oversell it as something it isn't. Think twice before posting, you get a lot less slack from others.
Seems like you like to jump on my neck. -_-

What did I ever do to you? I have given you respect, I have been nothing but nice to you.

I do make mistakes, but it doesn't mean you need to go and rub it in by saying "Think twice before you post." It is kind of insulting when people say it like that.
So much for proof.
Once again; my wording was bad... and I apologize.

Seems like you like to jump on my neck. -_-

What did I ever do to you? I have given you respect, I have been nothing but nice to you.

I do make mistakes, but it doesn't mean you need to go and rub it in by saying "Think twice before you post." It is kind of insulting when people say it like that.

Once again; my wording was bad... and I apologize.
I don't think he likes to jump at your neck. . .Its more like you are tied up slowly being dropped into a tank filled with sharks to slowly meet your demise as Floris goes to take over the world or execute new evil plan for the week after a quirky teen hero ruined the previous one.

Doesn't look remotely like XF, I am amazed anyone thought otherwise.

This. IGN changing to XenForo is quite the achievement, though. I wouldn't like to be the one in charge of the convert though, I'd imagine a custom importer will be written by their techs, then there's the bazillions of posts.. *faint*

Top Bottom