Archon - Vertical XF navigation

Russ

I've posted about this on TAZ but figured I'd make it an appearance here as well. This is a new style we're coming out with over at pixelExit.

I currently have a couple friends testing it out along with Widget Framework compatibility so it's not too far off from a release :).

But I look forward to getting this out there.

slider.gif

Not sure how many folks would like a vertical navigation like this but I felt it was time it should be done for XenForo :D

Just imagine one of those 'shut up and take my money' meme's right here.
I have been checking your site daily to see if its ready yet.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks great!! @Russ

Will there be an easy way to change the blue to another color?

Will there be options to keep the postbit/post area the same as the default style? I prefer it over custom ones.

Looks great!! @Russ

Will there be an easy way to change the blue to another color?

Will there be options to keep the postbit/post area the same as the default style? I prefer it over custom ones.

The style itself conforms to the color palette so yes changing the colors should be fairly easy. Regarding the post area typically we don't do too much to it simply because I think the way XF has it normally is perfect :D.

Thank you Russ. I'm looking forward to seeing this style. I love how you think outside the box for navigation, a beautiful dark theme with a light readable content area, and still keep the postbit familiar. :)

I have pre-ordered this theme(y)

tumblr_mh5xsdcSzC1ruteqro1_500.gif

How long till we see demo for this ? Looks interesting might be able to use it for next project.

Anytime soon?

Yes except... the screenshot is somewhat irrelevant design wise. While I like the way I was going it was proving difficult to customize it easily. So... new demo shortly :D.

Also the style has the ability to turn off the vertical nav, so anyone who wants the normal horizontal can now :D

@Russ you just made my day!

I've been thinking about contacting you for a style that didn't look like the standard XF style and this one seems to fit the bill nicely. I can only see one or two things I would need to change (mainly colors and possibly the logo size).

If you could send me a message when it's done, I'll buy it for sure. :D

Top Bottom