Add-on Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear, hear!

If only XF Arcade would work with Mochi Media games and be able to display a per-game highscore list. But no.

Respectfully, I'm self declaring XF Arcade as a dead project (sorry) and do not expect anything further from there.

I'd really like to see someone else release a stable arcade which can self install games and can save scores on all standard arcade games.
I believe this is a project we should fund. ;)

But I would very much like it to be a public release so everyone could enjoy it sweetie. :love:

I believe this is a project we should fund. ;)

But I would very much like it to be a public release so everyone could enjoy it sweetie. :love:

The crowd funding for the Media Gallery seemed to have gone pretty good
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/crowd-fund-mercdesign-media-gallery.34523/
http://www.pozible.com/index.php/archive/index/8139/description/0/0

Any developer want to start a pool of $1,500 for that ?

Actually, I think this one might go for a little higher, I have assessed the arcade myself and it is insanely complicated due to all the interactions with the flash-based games

Are you willing to spend that much out of pocket, Adam?

The crowd funding for the Media Gallery seemed to have gone pretty good
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/crowd-fund-mercdesign-media-gallery.34523/
http://www.pozible.com/index.php/archive/index/8139/description/0/0

Any developer want to start a pool of $1,500 for that ?

Actually, I think this one might go for a little higher, I have assessed the arcade myself and it is insanely complicated due to all the interactions with the flash-based games

Are you willing to spend that much out of pocket, Adam?
Respectfully, I believe we can get it for less that $1,000 (let alone $1,500)

I'm going to reach out to a few honest and hard working people I know who are level headed and fairly priced. (But I am also open to other alternative developers as well)

But thank you for your offer / inquire

I'm going to reach out to a few honest and hard working people I know who are level headed and fairly priced. (But I am also open to other alternative developers as well)

I would not get near that for $1,000, that arcade add-on is a massive undertaking
Maybe the original developers of xfArcade would be interested? They already did a lot of ground work, maybe some investment will push them to add more features and functionality

I would not get near that for $1,000, that arcade add-on is a massive undertaking
Maybe the original developers of xfArcade would be interested? They already did a lot of ground work, maybe some investment will push them to add more features and functionality
I think we'll go another route. Again, thanks for your concern.

We'll be hiring someone else. :)

I'm very very interested in having a better Arcade as I too agree that xFArcade is dead. But I'm also weary of funds compared to actual results. I'd hate to put in $1,000 for example and get nothing in return of my investment. I'd need sense of security.

Case in point, I started a job with someone for a logo. $200 total with 50% upfront and the rest on delivery. They took the 50% and left. Without any documentation, it's a he said she said thing that will not win in court.

As a fairly priced developer I'd say expecting to get a project like that done for less than 1k you are looking for cheaply priced devs, not fairly.

People seem to think high quality code hangs on trees for anyone to pick.

Not saying you can't get it done for that price, I'm just saying I take issue with anyone insinuating that such a project is "fairly priced" at 1k.

As a fairly priced developer I'd say expecting to get a project like that done for less than 1k you are looking for cheaply priced devs, not fairly.

Not saying you can't get it done for that price, I'm just saying I take issue with anyone insinuating that such a project is "fairly priced" at 1k.
It is a matter of opinion.

Thank you for your inquiry and concern though.

It's worth noting that all the people trolling about how much..... Are none of the people whom we've inquired with.

It's worth noting that all the people trolling about how much..... Are none of the people whom we've inquired with.

Expressing valid concern for my livelihood is considered trolling now?

I don't appreciate your tone at all. I am certainly not trolling.

Expressing valid concern for my livelihood is considered trolling now?

I don't appreciate your tone at all. I am certainly not trolling.
I don't appreciate the negativity.

No one who has posted in this thread suggesting we cough up 1,000+ was asked to develop anything.

In fact the original post was an inquire if anyone would be interested... That was followed up by a suggestion we fund this project.

Your livelihood is not in question, because you're not being hired.

I don't appreciate the negativity.

No one who has posted in this thread suggesting we cough up 1,000+ was asked to develop anything.

In fact the original post was an inquire if anyone would be interested... The was followed up by a suggestion we fund this project.

Your livelihood is not in question, because you're not being hired.

I'm not looking to be hired, I simply read your message and felt concerned enough to express my view.

I was fine with your response to my initial reply, as you are right.. to a degree it is a matter of opinion. But I feel you are making it personal by calling me a troll and making insinuations towards my competence.

I am totally up for having a civilized conversation but it's starting to dawn on me people here are simply unable of doing so.

Well, I would like to know if you could do it, how much do you think it would be?

Well, I would like to know if you could do it, how much do you think it would be?

I really wouldn't be able to say and I'm not looking to take on any work so I won't spend the time researching it. But 1k for any medium to large size project seems a bit low. Of course based on the specs and requirements you can dial down the cost but to have an arcade addon in the same fashion as say, vBulletin, would likely be closer to 3k and can easily run higher.

Mind you there are plenty of devs out there that will do it for less, but you will almost always get what you pay for. I'm just saying that if you want a well coded addon developed and you are starting off with a low budget then you will probably have to compromise on way or the other.

I'm not looking to be hired, I simply read your message and felt concerned enough to express my view.

I was fine with your response to my initial reply, as you are right.. to a degree it is a matter of opinion. But I feel you are making it personal by calling me a troll and making insinuations towards my competence.

I am totally up for having a civilized conversation but it's starting to dawn on me people here are simply unable of doing so.
I feel the comments being made would discourage anyone for doing it less than 1,000. It was expressed 1x that we would be seeking someone who offers a more fair and acceptable price, which was followed by several "over priced" opinions claiming that it would be foolish to do so.

That is where I find your (and others) negativity and that is why we normally do not publicly post inquires for employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom