Aquiring Daniel Hood's addons

Xon

With @Daniel Hood retiring from the XenForo add-on community and transferring his add-ons to @Stuart Wright, I've received a number of @Daniel Hood's old add-ons.

Part of the agreement was for me to provide ongoing support and upgrades. As such I have started reviewing them to determine what bugfixes and updates are required.

Currently supported add-ons:
These add-ons are now available on my site, Atelier Aphelion, for purchase and download. If you have a current license for this add-on, you can register it there (instructions are available here). You'll get a license from me (terms here), for the remaining duration of your original license, plus another 30 days - just a friendly gesture because of the inevitable delays caused by the hand-over.

Currently unsupported add-ons:
Deleted resources (functionality moved into XF):
However a number of add-ons have been marked as 'unmaintained'. This is because I do not yet have the add-on itself. I'm looking into getting the zip's so I can update & support them, assuming there is any demand for them. If this can't be done, the resource will be deleted.

To improve support & development, the requirements for all supported add-ons have been updated to include:
  • php 5.4+
  • Xenforo 1.3+
Note; the oldest version will be retained which may work with lesser versions of the listed software but can't be supported.

Last edited:
Does Daniel Hood benefit in any way from new sales? I would prefer to support developers like yourselves who enrich the community.

Currently unsupported add-ons:
However a number of add-ons have been marked as 'unmaintained'. This is because I do not yet have the add-on itself. I'm looking into getting the zip's so I can update & support them, assuming there is any demand for them. If this can't be done, the resource will be deleted.

Why did you not get all the addons? I currently use this one and want to see it supported.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenmods-crowd-moderation.3478/

Would have thought that @Daniel Hood would give you the source of all the addons you are taking over...

Wasn't acquired from Daniel so it's up to him to come on at random and get involved in something he sorta already washed his hands of. However the guy has been on XenMods within the last day (or the credentials were turned over) so I am sure in due time things will get sorted.

Reactions: Xon
Would have thought that @Daniel Hood would give you the source of all the addons you are taking over...
He gave me licenses to all the addons available so I could download them.
These are the addons available
http://xenmods.com/products/?order=updated
As you can see, it's not as many as are listed in the resources section here. Some are redundant (e.g. Thread ban) but I couldn't comment on the others.

So as you have paid resources now, are you planning to turn your free addons into paid ones? Maybe with XF 2.0? Whats the plan?

So as you have paid resources now, are you planning to turn your free addons into paid ones? Maybe with XF 2.0? Whats the plan?
My free add-ons are MIT Licensed and hosted on GitHub, I have no plans to convert them.

I do have some private add-ons I may end up selling, but this will need to wait for the maintenance backlog to be resolved.

It's not a problem, don't worry.

upload_2016-7-26_20-54-30.webp

The PayPal transaction for any purchase made through Xen Product Manager (such as any purchase made at Daniel Hood's site) will contain information similar to the above.

Look for the "Custom" string. It's a comma separated string where each part means a different thing. The part after the first comma, and before the second comma, in this case "8A7E2D33AFB5" is the cart key.

This is the main identifier, along with the email address, you need to claim a license from @Xon or @Stuart Wright .

Top Bottom