XF 2.2 Approve first post of new members -

DaveL

After 8 years, recently the spam on my site has started to get a little bit out of control, so want to nip it in the bud.

Seen the guides relating to user promotions, however as all my members are currently in the 'Registered' usergroup, would I need to create a new group called 'Verified' and move them all into that, so that the post restrictions will start with new members?

No you don’t move them, the promotion will add that as a secondary group, the permission to post without approval in that secondary group will override needing approval in the registered group permissions. That is the only permission you need to set in the verified group

xenforo permissions work best like that.

No you don’t move them, the promotion will add that as a secondary group

Ah ok, so it won't affect all the members currently in the registered usergroup that have already posted. (It will move them across to the new group, but they won't have to have anything approved?)

The criteria for the promotion (e.g) one post will add the verified group to those users that meet the criteria of one (approved) post

their permissions from registered still apply, but just the one permission to post without mod approval is added to thise

The criteria for the promotion (e.g) one post will add the verified group to those users that meet the criteria of one (approved) post

their permissions from registered still apply, but just the one permission to post without mod approval is added to thise

This might be a silly question, but does that mean all members over the past 8 years will require a mod to approve their first post if I was to enable this? Or will the automatically be moved to the new group, and new members going forward will require the first post to be approved?

This might be a silly question, but does that mean all members over the past 8 years will require a mod to approve their first post if I was to enable this? Or will the automatically be moved to the new group, and new members going forward will require the first post to be approved?
Note that it may take a little time (an hour?) or else you can rebuild the user promotion cache in ACP > Tools

Top Bottom