XF 1.2 Apply Changes from Parent Style

Amaury

If I have a child style inheriting template edits from a parent style, for example, is there a way I can apply all those template edits it's inheriting to the child style?

This would make my making styles go a lot faster since we have a Template Central style we're using for all our edits while our site exclusive styles inherit those from it.

Last edited:
Any style will inherit the parent style edits so long as the said templates or style properties are default. If you edit a inherited template then that template will no longer be inheriting future template edits from the parent.

Any style will inherit the parent style edits so long as the said templates or style properties are default. If you edit a inherited template then that template will no longer be inheriting future template edits from the parent.

That's not really what I was asking, but how can I apply all those template edits it's inheriting all at once so it's no longer inheriting? Is that possible?

Currently child styles cannot export the edits from a parent, thus one of the main reasons for the frameworks you see for styles.

You can possibly trick it into exporting parent edits by making small changes to the templates or properties but that could get really time consuming. :p

Top Bottom