Apple's patent claims vs. Samsung.

The only thing I keep thinking is my stock with Apple is going to go up.

But as someone else said, our copyright laws here suck and the system is very flawed. It's a lose, lose for everyone.... It prevents growth and development, while protecting the most silliest of things.

Apple Stock (AAPL) After Hours: 675.11
up_g.gif
11.89 (1.79%)

I think Samsung deserve everything they get, considering they seem to be the only ones infringing patents that believe they have some god given right to do... yet I expect if someone infringes their patents they would be on them quick smart.

Suck it up Samsung IMHO.... bend over and reward Apple for stealing their hard work.

Jumping to the user interface, the D '305 patent centers on a grid of rounded square icons against a black background. infringed product:

• Captivate

• Continuum

• Droid Charge

• Epic 4G

• Fascinate

• Galaxy Indulge

• Galaxy S

• Galaxy S Showcase

• Galaxy S 4G

• Gem

• Infuse 4G

• Mesmerize

Vibrant

doesn't most android phones have rounded icons on black background? so according to that patent, no other smart phone besides apple can have icons with rounded corners on a black background? I thought icons with rounded corners were around for a long time...

I reviewed that avenue, and apparently it will be another huge waste of money for them, as they're arguing against the patent system, which if they won would invalidate the patent system completely. Basically, they're going to pay up sooner or later to Apple. If they want to keep going with their phones, they'll have to work out a commission to Apple to use their patents on a per sale basis or such. That will drive the price of Samsung equipment up as a result, which may be Apples way to lessen Samsungs share in the marketplace.

Will be interesting to see what Samsung come up with now, as they need to go back to the drawing board.

This is from a reader from this cnet blog and in my opinion it sums up everything perfectly. http://live.cnet.com/Event/Apple_vs_Samsung_verdict?Page=7

August 24 at 8:19 PM | Reader Mike writes : Hooray for Apple! I love Samsung. I have a Samsung netbook, several TVs, a fridge, washer and dryer, all by Samsung. But after educating myself on the extent of Samsung's infringement, it is clear to me they are totally at fault. Look at the damning internal documents that compare the Galaxy phone prototype to the iPhone, and the fundamental changes made to the Galaxy phone in order to better emulate the iphone prior to the actual release date. Look at Apple's warning to Samsung to stop copying their patents. Look at Apple's decision to offer Samsung licensing rights, keeping in mind their strategic relationship as Samsung was a key supplier to Apple, and Samsung's outright refusal. Look at Google warning to Samsung to stop blatantly copying the iPhone, and Samsung's refusal to do so. Samsung had multiple opportunities to do the right thing, and chose not to. The punishment should reflect their willful infringement, and perhaps award treble damages. I am not completely familiar with the law. But I believe innovation should be encouraged and protected. Apple took a huge calculated risk in introducing a phone in 2007. A product for which they had no prior experience with. They spent billions on developing the all touch screen and the OS that supported it, as well as putting an ecosystem in place that would allow developers to create even better, more individualized solutions for all of their users. Apple is putting billions of dollars into other people's pockets, including their own. But those people making money are truly innovating and providing great end user products and apps. For Samsung to outright steal in a matter of months what took Apple billions of dollars and a number of years to come up with, and for Samsung to profit from their actions without consequence, was an injustice. This will begin to right the ship. And I have faith that Samsung will introduce new concepts that even Apple may not have thought of, and this will spur true innovation. In the end, we as consumers will be rewarded with more original products and ideas.

I bout Apple stock when it was really low and people thought they were going out of business. I think I got for about $9 - 13. I did it online when I was 17 (lied about my age). My Uncle who was very tech aware told me I had wasted my money on a worthless stock.

Who's laughing now? :p
Ballin

Steve_Jobs_Money.jpg

If only that were true. I bought some shares, but not hundreds. Enough that when it started to clime... I reminded my uncle about his comment. I sold some of it (not all) when it hit around $200 per share. But only because I foolishly listened to all the experts who said it couldn't go higher and that it would soon come down.

My gut told me to keep some there, which I have. And thankfully I did....

I also thought about buying when it was down at $12, but unfortunately I didn't have any money back then :(
I didn't have much either at the time or I would have bought a lot more. Something inside me just kept telling me there were not going anywhere. Yesterday, I continued to watch my stock rise, but deep down a part of me wished I had bought more.

Top Bottom