1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Issue apostrophe: second word in all'aqua not found

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Resolved Bugs' started by rebelde, Jun 25, 2015.

1. rebelde

rebelde Member

2. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

3. rebelde

rebelde Member

Ugg. Nobody has even mentioned the accent problem to me, even after a month running XF. :(

Super120, I will be finding solutions to these problems over the next month or so. (My forums are multilingual. I absolutely have to.) If you write me at the end of summer, I should be able to share the code.
    imthebest likes this.
  4. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This particular issue is independent of accent related things. This example related to how words are split -- you want ' to be a word splitter when it's in the middle of a word, but that is not really globally applicable. "Don't" should not necessarily tokenize to "don" and "t"; the use of the apostrophe means it's a single word.

MySQL full text doesn't split on this either for example. Unlike with MySQL, there is the ability to manipulate the tokenizing process in Elasticsearch.
  6. rebelde

rebelde Member

I will see what I can do to find a way to keep "don't" as a single token and "all'acqua" as two.

MattiGB likes this.