Aperture // xenfocus.com

Aperture // xenfocus.com [Paid] 1.4.x

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Ehren

Ehren submitted a new resource:

Aperture - Aperture features a unique background which blurs as your visitors scroll down your page.

Aperture by xenfocus

Aperture features a unique background which blurs as your visitors scroll down your page. The skin comes with 5 images by default, however it's very simple to create and use your own. Changing the background image to something which your visitors will recognise is a great way to make your theme unique and appealing to your members.

announcement_image.jpg

Available Backgrounds (by...

Read more about this resource...

I have never used a template. So I'm wondering, would I be able to change the black and dark gray to white and light blue? In other words can I still change color like I can on the ACP now? Thank you!

-Nick

Hi Nick,

Yeah, most areas can be changed via the colour palette, however there are a few minor areas which need to be styled individually (via style properties and EXTRA.css). It's quite easy to do, but may take a little bit of time if you want to get a perfect result :)

this looks pretty awesome. can we add member info to the postbit? like location, occupation, # of messages, banners, etc?

this looks pretty awesome. can we add member info to the postbit? like location, occupation, # of messages, banners, etc?

Of course :) The info is removed by default on all skins - you just need to enable it under the themes Style Properties.

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 4.27.40 pm.webp

Last edited:
I cant seem to get the FontAwesome Icons to display in Firefox, is there something I need to select or change to fix this?

font.webp

Fixed, NoScript was blocking webfonts, un-ticked the "forbid @font-face" and problem solved.

Capture.webp

Now, is there a way to load webfonts from the host server rather than via the web? Just trying to think of a way to prevent other forum users experience being marred.

Fixed, NoScript was blocking webfonts, un-ticked the "forbid @font-face" and problem solved.

View attachment 74094

Now, is there a way to load webfonts from the host server rather than via the web? Just trying to think of a way to prevent other forum users experience being marred.

Glad you got the first issue solved. The Font-Awesome font file is hosted directly on your site. The only external font files are the google ones, which must stay hosted by google as far as I know.

@Ehren

I bought Aperture today.

Is it possible to change the color scheme of aperture from going to black to white?

Using some CSS, I already did so here:

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 4.13.27 AM.webp

But then there are some parts that are still made for the default, dark/black Aperture layout.

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 4.16.29 AM.webp

Anyway to make that dark gray background for new alerts a lighter color, or to make the text itself white amongst the dark gray background?

Thanks.

Hello,

It's possible to convert it to a light theme, but it will take quite a while (and quite a few small edits) to get it working correctly. Unfortunately large modifications like this aren't always classified as free support especially since Aperture is advertised as a dark theme and is technically working as intended. :)

All of your edits will need to be done under the Color Palette and EXTRA.css, however I'm not entirely sure where the alert colour is defined. Possibly @inlineMod?

Hello,

It's possible to convert it to a light theme, but it will take quite a while (and quite a few small edits) to get it working correctly. Unfortunately large modifications like this aren't always classified as free support especially since Aperture is advertised as a dark theme and is technically working as intended. :)

All of your edits will need to be done under the Color Palette and EXTRA.css, however I'm not entirely sure where the alert colour is defined. Possibly @inlineMod?
That worked. Thank you.

Hi,

Whats the best way to compress the backgrounds? I've made some but they are all nearly 1mb without any sharpening using Save for Web in PS and quality at 40%, where as the supplied ones are only around 300kb.

When you run your site though Gtmetrix, it will also show you which images need to be optimized and you can save them from there also. :)

Hi,

Whats the best way to compress the backgrounds? I've made some but they are all nearly 1mb without any sharpening using Save for Web in PS and quality at 40%, where as the supplied ones are only around 300kb.

I used PS and saved for web as jpg and adjusted the quality too. I got my backgrounds to 380kb. I know some images suffer more then others when doing this. You can also bring the blurred image way down, the quality matters much less with that image, mine is 98kb. If your image shares lots of the same colors try removing them from the palette before saving, it helps.

Good luck,
www.reefpeeps.com

Top Bottom