XF 1.3 Apache to NGINX - now the members stats are wrong

Stuart Wright

For years, from vbulletin through to before we changed over to NGINX this week, we've always has about 3 to 4 times more guests than members and something like 3 to 4 thousand in total online during waking hours.
However since the swap to NGINX, we have a tiny number of guests. The number of visitors is maybe about the same.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/
Any idea what this could be? A sessions issue maybe? I don't know anything about servers so I have no clue.
I see this as urgent. Any help appreciated.
Thanks

It's worth looking at the IP addresses on the online members list to see if they're different - for guests, each IP will only be counted once. If they're not what you expect, it sounds like there may now be a reverse proxy involved. You'll want to change the IP shown to XenForo to be the real IP which will likely be forwarded through a header. You can change this by overwriting the wrong IP via config.php or see if there's a system to change the IP at the web server level (as the wrong IPs will likely be logged against your server without that anyway).

Yeah, that is the issue. That should be forwarded on from the web server. (It would be known to be the actual connecting IP due to the TCP handshake.)

Top Bottom