[AP] Style Suite

[AP] Style Suite [Paid] 2.11.9

No permission to buy (€15.00)
One thing that's different - the background size and position has changed for postbits. They're now 'cover' with a background position of 50%

In the Style settings, it looks like this -

1648332956265.webp

In the post itself, it looks like this (image is enlarged and moved)

1648333043790.webp

I understand I can change the css within the css field beneath the postbit setting, but I don't think many of my users will be that savvy. If this change is preferred, would it be an option to add a custom css field on the style settings for postbits, that way I could apply a wider setting (removing the background cover + position) to all postbits?

Sorry to be a pain in the arse. Thank you! :)

@apathy Sorry to be a pain. I tried following your previous instructions to check the template modification to change the post macros CSS. I couldn't see any of the values mentioned, so not sure if that has changed since the last update.

What would be the best way for me to remove/change background size (cover) and background position (50%) ? I've searched and searched for a template with those values and looked through the templates associated with the addon, but I'm stumped.

Thank you for your time. :)

@apathy Sorry to be a pain. I tried following your previous instructions to check the template modification to change the post macros CSS. I couldn't see any of the values mentioned, so not sure if that has changed since the last update.

What would be the best way for me to remove/change background size (cover) and background position (50%) ? I've searched and searched for a template with those values and looked through the templates associated with the addon, but I'm stumped.

Thank you for your time. :)
I've moved the postbit code into PHP to make it easier to update & add new features to. Doing it all with a template mod was getting too messy.
While you're waiting for the new controls for the background, you can add something like this to your extra.less, just update the values to whatever you want first.

Code:
.message-cell--user {
    background-position: center;
    background-size: contain;
}

I've moved the postbit code into PHP to make it easier to update & add new features to. Doing it all with a template mod was getting too messy.
While you're waiting for the new controls for the background, you can add something like this to your extra.less, just update the values to whatever you want first.

Code:
.message-cell--user {
    background-position: center;
    background-size: contain;
}
Thanks bud. I appreciate it.

Possible bug.

I've set the postbit selection, and clicked on 'Preset', after clicking save on the first tab - refreshing a thread with that users posts, the postbit background hasn't been changed/added.

1648595731644.webp

Possible bug.

I've set the postbit selection, and clicked on 'Preset', after clicking save on the first tab - refreshing a thread with that users posts, the postbit background hasn't been changed/added.
How strange, I've just checked and it does look like the same code being used in both Pub & Admin controllers, so I'm not sure why it'd be working in one but not the other.

Either way, I'll try have it sorted out for the next update

How strange, I've just checked and it does look like the same code being used in both Pub & Admin controllers, so I'm not sure why it'd be working in one but not the other.

Either way, I'll try have it sorted out for the next update
No worries bud. All good.

Hello again! After experimenting a bit I noticed today that for the "Disable Annoying Postbits", it does not actually remove the background image if it was uploaded directly by a user

Also I'm not sure how possible this would be, but some users have asked if it could be possible to ignore a specific users Style settings, as sometimes a specific user can have a really gaudy appearance thats an eyesore but they don't wanna outright Ignore them entirely just for the aesthetic. I feel like this is a pretty difficult suggestion though so no worries!

Hello again! After experimenting a bit I noticed today that for the "Disable Annoying Postbits", it does not actually remove the background image if it was uploaded directly by a user

Also I'm not sure how possible this would be, but some users have asked if it could be possible to ignore a specific users Style settings, as sometimes a specific user can have a really gaudy appearance thats an eyesore but they don't wanna outright Ignore them entirely just for the aesthetic. I feel like this is a pretty difficult suggestion though so no worries!
Got it, I'll take a look at the disable functions some more. I did notice the "Disable postbits" button had a wonky javascript preview, that's also been fixed for the next update.

I've never actually had a reason to look at the XF ignore feature but I can definitely investigate it and see if your suggestion is possible.

apathy updated [AP] Style Suite with a new update entry:

• Create Custom Title/Tooltip/Username style cache rebuild jobs
  • Remove old Font/Frame/Sparkle cache rebuild jobs (since we added buttons to their admin controllers)
  • Use strtr() instead of str_replace() in various instances
  • Validate Postbit Image and Profile Header URLs
  • Proxy postbit URL images
  • Convert "Animated Flames" frame to WebP so it works correctly
  • Temporary workaround: Hide "delete" buttons from addon-shipped assets to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Amazing addon, however this error is thrown when applying any custom image for the icon next to the username:
JavaScript:
Error: Call to undefined method apathy\StyleSuite\Repository\Styles::service() in src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/Repository/Styles.php at line 161
apathy\StyleSuite\Repository\Styles->parseUsernameIconUpload() in src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/Pub/Controller/Styles.php at line 421
apathy\StyleSuite\Pub\Controller\Styles->usernameStyleSave() in src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/Pub/Controller/Styles.php at line 148
apathy\StyleSuite\Pub\Controller\Styles->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Xenforo ver 2.2.9 and Addon ver 2.2.0

Amazing addon, however this error is thrown when applying any custom image for the icon next to the username:
JavaScript:
Error: Call to undefined method apathy\StyleSuite\Repository\Styles::service() in src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/Repository/Styles.php at line 161
apathy\StyleSuite\Repository\Styles->parseUsernameIconUpload() in src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/Pub/Controller/Styles.php at line 421
apathy\StyleSuite\Pub\Controller\Styles->usernameStyleSave() in src/addons/apathy/StyleSuite/Pub/Controller/Styles.php at line 148
apathy\StyleSuite\Pub\Controller\Styles->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Xenforo ver 2.2.9 and Addon ver 2.2.0
Ty for the report, I'll have a look at this tonight and a fix will hopefully be included in the next update.

• Improve compatibility between inner-text animations and sparkles (custom titles can still show invisible text in when both effects are used together, but usernames should be fine)
  • Sticky style previews
    • Create "Sticky previews" style property
    • Create "Sticky preview offset" style property - useful if your theme has a sticky navbar and the preview is fighting for the same space as it
  • Fix template error in User Group editor
  • Don't proxy images if the URL is...

• Optimize method for checking if the visitor is ignoring a users styles
  • Fix Uncaught SyntaxError: missing : after property id javascript error
  • Use ternary operator for determining checked="checked" values in templates
  • Stop using template filters to clean up asset names since they can be renamed now
  • Always use xf:select and xf:option instead of generic HTML in templates
  • Use PHP to handle profile styles instead...

Wooo updated today!

But ahh! Seems like usernames (and only usernames) aren't working, the styles don't show and saving doesn't seem to stick. I looked for an error and couldn't find anything. Not sure. I did go from the April 9th vs to the one you made yesterday so that might have something to do with it?

looks like font, color and bolding doesn't work. the sparkles do!

Last edited:
Wooo updated today!

But ahh! Seems like usernames (and only usernames) aren't working, the styles don't show and saving doesn't seem to stick. I looked for an error and couldn't find anything. Not sure. I did go from the April 9th vs to the one you made yesterday so that might have something to do with it?

looks like font, color and bolding doesn't work. the sparkles do!
TY for the report, I can't think of anything off hand that'd be causing this but I'll have a look at it today.

EDIT: It seems to be fine on my staging site. Thinking back I did actually change the CSS class name from ap-uname-style--{$USERID} to ap-ss-usernameStyle--{$USERID}, so you could check your ap_ss_username_styles.less template see what class name it's trying to generate. The first two lines should look like:
Code:
<xf:foreach loop="$apUnameStyles" key="$userId" value="$uname" if="$apUnameStyles">
    .ap-ss-usernameStyle--{$userId}

Last edited:
TY for the report, I can't think of anything off hand that'd be causing this but I'll have a look at it today.

EDIT: It seems to be fine on my staging site. Thinking back I did actually change the CSS class name from ap-uname-style--{$USERID} to ap-ss-usernameStyle--{$USERID}, so you could check your ap_ss_username_styles.less template see what class name it's trying to generate. The first two lines should look like:
Code:
<xf:foreach loop="$apUnameStyles" key="$userId" value="$uname" if="$apUnameStyles">
    .ap-ss-usernameStyle--{$userId}
Yes, so sorry, I just realized none of my templates automatically updated so merging them fixed the issue haha! Thank you so much for the quick response.

Top Bottom