Anyone using aMember Pro software to manage single userbase for multiple XF sites?

CTXMedia

I currently use the XenSSO add-on which does a great job of copying user details from a master XF site to other slave XF sites when people login - but it has never been billed (or offered as) a full-feature SSO and so I've been looking for something that could do, well, the Full Monty!

I've come across aMember Pro and wondered if anyone else is using this to manage multiple XF sites from a single userbase - and if so, how it's working out?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I have XenForo setup through a membership software package, aMember. aMember has a logout timeout of 2 hours, this was causing an issue for the unified login/logout system as the users would be logged out of XenForo but not logged out of aMember! As far as I can tell, this fixes the issue since I can extend XenForo's logout time to the same as aMembers. So there you go search engine spider.

I'm in the process of moving my site from vB to XenForo, and have to admit I'm pretty stoked about making the move!

One thing I noticed while I'm testing settings is that if a user receives a promotion, it seems to only run once. Here's an example of what I mean:

I set up a promotion where if a user is a member of User Group A, then they should also be added to User Group B. I manually ran the cron job to make sure this works, and it does beautifully.

However let's say the user loses membership to User Groups A and B, and then becomes a member of User Group C. If that member regains their membership in User Group A at a later date, the promotion won't add them to User Group B again as well unless you delete the record from the user's Promotion History.

Is there any way to make sure users are ALWAYS promoted when the meet the promotion requirements, even if they've lost the promotion at one point or the other? Or is this the way it's meant to be? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

P.S. I see on this page it says:

I guess that's my problem, sorta. I won't be using the official function to "demote" users, but I have member management software (aMember) that controls users' user groups. So they might be switched from User Group A to C, and back to A, depending whether they purchase a premium membership.

This normally wouldn't be a problem, but aMember integration at this point only can assign a user to 1 user group at a time. I thought I could circumvent the issue with promotions to allow users to be automatically assigned secondary user groups.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks, I realise they have their own forum and have searched there - but I'm specifically looking for someone who's used it for multiple sites and I can't find anything over on aMember in relation to that, so thought I'd ask here (as I'm here every day and this place is full of XF owners!!). ;)

FYI, here is an old post where I fixed a problem using amember with XF:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/friendly-urls-giving-404-with-amember.23668/#post-292487

Throwing this out there - jake - but SSO is not working for me...the error URL screen which comes with the white screen of death (when logging in from slave) seems to have URL's in it with index.php.

Code:
requested_user_x_not_found&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hearth.com%2Ftalk%2Findex.php

Do you think some of my redirects or friendly URL setup could be waylaying SSO?

Throwing this out there - jake - but SSO is not working for me...the error URL screen which comes with the white screen of death (when logging in from slave) seems to have URL's in it with index.php.

Code:
requested_user_x_not_found&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hearth.com%2Ftalk%2Findex.php

Do you think some of my redirects or friendly URL setup could be waylaying SSO?

I don't remember ever looking at any SSO setup on your site. I can take a look if you tell me how to reproduce the problem.

Just got it recently...Naatan is going think about it this weekend.....if we don't come up with anything, I'll see if you can hazard a guess. I am fairly sure the problem is on the hearth end (not the slave - droneflyers).

We tried a lot of stuff like disabling other add-ons, but no go....

Well, don't want to throw this thread too far off topic....we'll dig and let you know when we give up!

Top Bottom