Anyone use Sedo for parking their domains?

I don't but I know its a pain in the @$$ to get through the first line of communication with the owners.

If you wanted to buy a website from a SEDO user, YOU would have to sign an affidavit contract saying that you agree not to scam anyone on any of their parked sites. What's worse it that they have the WORST cookie system in place. Its hard to even login to their site, so I would recommend a better marketplace, if I were you.

I wasn't really going to say much about it, but every time...and I've been trying for days I try to go and change my settings, their web page is down.

Even when its up, the cookies don't recognize you anyway....so pointless that site.

Don't bother going to their support page, the customer support is horrendous.

If you park your domain to earn money, forget it (unless you have serious traffic on the domain, but why would you park it then?). But its a good way to sell your domain and their escrow service works.

I don't know what you see as a high profile domain but in my experience the cheap one (<$200) are found at forums and everything higher than $1000 is sold at sites like Sedo.

Should Sedo receive a Google block on your domain and therefore cannot provide the correct ads for your domain from their advertising partner (Google), pr0n/adult links are the next best bet apparently. :rolleyes: :mad:
As I found out just now in an email from Sedo. Bad move, baaaad move. I've now swapped the DNS back to nameserver defaults and cancelled the domain directly with Sedo.
Watch out and check your accounts! There was NO warning that this was in motion at all.

I don't know what you see as a high profile domain but in my experience the cheap one (<$200) are found at forums and everything higher than $1000 is sold at sites like Sedo.
I'm REALLY trying to ignore this and get past this 'tone' of yours.

So, ignoring the first part of the sentence.... I'm going to just say that a lot of the big domain names are sold at SEDO. As you said, anywhere from $1000 and up. Yes, there are domains that are sold higher than that there.

Top Bottom