Anyone upgrade from RC1 to 1.0.0?

jcm

I haven't been keeping up with all of the releases. Anything I need to know before upgrading from RC1 to 1.0.0 before I dive in and try it?

I haven't been keeping up with all of the releases. Anything I need to know before upgrading from RC1 to 1.0.0 before I dive in and try it?

Personally I am very busy now so I haven''t had the time to check out the stable version yet, but my only advice to you is to make first a thorough backup of your db before you upgrade.

Kind off funny how this software has made these issues irrelevant... yet we are so cautious now due to past experiences with lesser quality software! :rolleyes: I've tried breaking this thing every way I can, haven't succeed yet. Have nearly 30 mods installed, all but one are running beautifully, none are interacting incorrectly or causing any interaction between another. The one bad one is the Tweet threads to twitter one, which the developer has not updated since beta... still works, though just a small few issues with changes to XF code for it to work smoothly again.

That's how solid this software is for upgrading... no requirement to disable a mod, na da... took me a while to get out of those old, cautious habits from past, cough cough, software.

Yep. I updated directly from RC1 to 1.0.0 with no problem at all. Custom logo? Carried over. Custom template colors? Preserved.

The only thing I had to do was revert my PAGE_CONTAINER and then re-add my custom code that included a message to site visitors.

Top Bottom