Anyone running Windows 11 yet?

Only if its connected via USB. But frankly who in their right mind would connect usb these days?
I do and it's more reliable and easier to set up. Also, if your wireless goes down for whatever reason, USB will always work. Direct connection is best IMHO :)

I upgraded yesterday and I must say that the improvements are brilliant - faster opening of apps, better look and feel and nicer sounds.

No issues during upgrade and just a little time to get used to the new interface, but this is way good compared to the basic Windows 10.

Love it :)
No, I never use "new" Microsoft software before SP3 in production.

Oh I do, but usually just for testing and personal use. I install it usually 3-6 months before it is released, but have been too busy this year to do so. It seems to basically be the very stable Window 10 "with lipstick". (very little change) I've had no problems.

I have to say I am loving the new animations, while I believe there isn't much performance improvements per se under the hood I believe, the animations do make it feel smoother and a lot nicer! Running on my desktop PC and work laptop.

I read yesterday of issues with (some) AMD Ryzen processors so I'm holding off until there's a fix.

Fixed on this beta build: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...000-282-to-beta-and-release-preview-channels/

We fixed an L3 caching issue that might affect performance in some applications on devices that have AMD Ryzen processors after upgrading to Windows 11 (original release).

I have a problem with right clicking in file explorer. The menu opens but closes immediately, I have to click several times for it to persist.
Nobody has this problem?

Also I had installed a preview a month or two ago, so I don't know if I really have the stable version of W11. How do you know?

View attachment 258750
Hi Nodac I have win 11 clean install and i fixed the issue.

You can fix the right click issue very easy.

Open explorer, on the top right hand you see 3 dots ... click on the dots and select option.

Do this in this order.
1, go to the bottom and see the "privacy area" select both boxes and click clear, now click apply,
2, open options and now go to "browse folders" and select open folder in quick access, click apply.
Last step in option go to "click items as follows" and select double click and apply.

This should work ok for you.

I've been running it since day1 from the insider's program and didn't have any major issues, perhaps some minor inconveniences but overall a good experience.

Microsoft seems to be listening and making good changes in many areas (Windows platform, Console space) and tieing the two tightly, I predict they are really going to have a great year this year only being held back by chip shortages which are restricting their growth. TMSC just cannot provide AMD with enough silicon to support the GPU PC market, CPU market, Server market, and both Sony/Microsoft cannot get enough silicon from AMD.

Really messed up terribly.
The message is that my processor is not supported but when I search for it in the list of supported processors it states that it's supported.

There is word that Microsoft are looking at other CPU'S to support. I have a Threadripper build that is unsupported but supports everything else which is a pain, Let's hope they add more CPU's to the supported list.

Does Windows 11, like 10, still come with preinstalled bloat like candy crush saga etc?
I stopped using Windows 10 about a year ago and installed Windows server 2019 essentials instead, it's basically Windows 10, with none of the bloat.

Does Windows 11, like 10, still come with preinstalled bloat like candy crush saga etc?
I stopped using Windows 10 about a year ago and installed Windows server 2019 essentials instead, it's basically Windows 10, with none of the bloat.
You can strip the bloat out of 10 with various powershell options.

I have 11 on my dev PC and I have zero bloat in terms of Candy Crush etc.

Same here, I recently had to essentially build a whole new PC in the past couple of weeks and installed 11 onto it, used a debloat script to strip it down to bare bones and it's fine. Works well, doesn't send telemetry data back, and has what I need, not what I don't. I'm fine with 11 so far.

Installed Windows 11 home.
Hate the fact they're forcing non-tech people to not only have an internet connection but also a Microsoft account in order to install and use.
Managed to look up how to bypass the forced MS sign-up on my phone, but as soon as I installed updates and software and rebooted, the sign-in screen wouldn't let me use Windows at all unless I logged in with an MS account.
Had to log in using my MS account, then switch to a local account once signed in.
Managed to clear out all the bloat (disney+, xbox etc) using that powershell script, got my taskbar and quick launch bar back, so I'm happy.
Remains to be seen if it is a good OS or not. (for me, I mean!) ;)

Attachments

• 2022-01-23 (3).webp
    2022-01-23 (3).webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Installed Windows 11 home.
Hate the fact they're forcing non-tech people to not only have an internet connection but also a Microsoft account in order to install and use.
Managed to look up how to bypass the forced MS sign-up on my phone, but as soon as I installed updates and software and rebooted, the sign-in screen wouldn't let me use Windows at all unless I logged in with an MS account.
Had to log in using my MS account, then switch to a local account once signed in.
Managed to clear out all the bloat (disney+, xbox etc) using that powershell script, got my taskbar and quick launch bar back, so I'm happy.
Remains to be seen if it is a good OS or not. (for me, I mean!) ;)
Have you tried disconnecting from the internet before doing that? I know windows 10 was like that with a certain build. If you were connected to the internet you would need a ms account but if internet was disconnected, it would allow you to use a local account.

Have you tried disconnecting from the internet before doing that? I know windows 10 was like that with a certain build. If you were connected to the internet you would need a ms account but if internet was disconnected, it would allow you to use a local account.
Yea it doesn't give you the option, that's the first thing I did before I begun the install process.
When I bypassed it and ran the updates, I removed the wifi dongle, rebooted and it said I had to log in, when you click Sign in, it sits there with the spinning wheel then says it can't find an internet connection, then throws you back to the sign-in screen.

Why can I not set a power profile when unplugged vs plugged in on a laptop? Seems like an obvious thing but alas crazy no one has fixed that yet.

Task manager hidden.

No native backup tool though you can still use win 7 legacy.

Did I say legacy? Now with 3 layers of legacy apps and panels, new Win 11 style, win 10 and win 7 apps thrown into the mix. All aiming to achieve the same thing sometimes.

Bit of a mess atm.

I catch myself every weekend stroking the Commodore C64 in the basement. You are all sick, the old times were better

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have Windows 10 LTSB until 2025
Why buy something new ?

Top Bottom