Anyone running Windows 11 yet?

With the exception of my graphics card which was recently replaced, my self-built PC is 10 years old. It's the workhorse in my recording studio plus it provides storage and playback for over half a million music files. I use it for graphics design and photo editing, video playback and streaming. It will even play most games @120 FPS.

I used to be that person that wanted my software in a box but I reluctantly gave control of my PC's operating system to Microsoft years ago and to date it's not caused me a major issue so it's irritating to say the least that I can't upgrade to Windows 11 on a PC that will probably be good for another 5 years.

With the exception of my graphics card which was recently replaced, my self-built PC is 10 years old. It's the workhorse in my recording studio plus it provides storage and playback for over half a million music files. I use it for graphics design and photo editing, video playback and streaming. It will even play most games @120 FPS.

I used to be that person that wanted my software in a box but I reluctantly gave control of my PC's operating system to Microsoft years ago and to date it's not caused me a major issue so it's irritating to say the least that I can't upgrade to Windows 11 on a PC that will probably be good for another 5 years.

Yep, I'm running Windows 11 and loving it. Been running it as an insider for a long time, as my XF forum is based around W11:

It's a shame that the hardware requirements exclude a lot of PCs, but they are so easy to workaround that I don't think may people will be excluded if they want to try it. I've upgraded some older machines running Gen 3 Intel CPUs and they work fine :).

It's a shame that the hardware requirements exclude a lot of PCs, but they are so easy to workaround that I don't think may people will be excluded if they want to try it.
My worry would be not so much the upgrade itself, but compatibility issues down the line.

That appears to be giving reasons not to do it rather than how to do it. Or am I mistaken?
Oops, wrong link.

Still indicates it's not recommended, but Microsoft provides an option to install.

My laptop qualifies, my desktop does not.
I'll hold out on the laptop for a while, I like Win10.

Still indicates it's not recommended, but Microsoft provides an option to install.
Unfortunately I don't have TPM 1.2 and my motherboard missed out on having the necessary port for it by one iteration. I do appreciate your attempts to help though :)

I'll probably stick with 10 until it's unsupported or my current PC starts to chug.

I installed it last week, and it has been VERY stable. Not a single problem.

I think there is an issue for some with Brother printer drivers not working properly or detecting properly, but my Brother laser is working fine.

think there is an issue for some with Brother printer drivers not working properly or detecting properly, but my Brother laser is working fine.
Only if its connected via USB. But frankly who in their right mind would connect usb these days?

I have a problem with right clicking in file explorer. The menu opens but closes immediately, I have to click several times for it to persist.
Nobody has this problem?

Also I had installed a preview a month or two ago, so I don't know if I really have the stable version of W11. How do you know?

Capture d’écran 2021-10-17 230937.webp

Top Bottom