Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

When you present something as "proven fact", its best to actually use a fact or two to back it up.

I'm sure you meant iPhone 5. I'm also sure you meant "soon to be released" Galaxy S2, unless you are referring to just Sprint, which of course doesn't have an iPhone.

You need to be up to date with how these displays work from a technical standpoint.

From a technical structure, IPS LCD technology (Retina displays) cannot catch up with AM-OLED display technology.

The galaxy S2 has been out for several weeks in the uk. I have one in my hand right at this very moment ;)

I tried my friends iphone 4 for week, after this trial I went with the S2, haven't looked back since.

He will be getting an iphone 5, and I will try that also, maybe you are right, maybe it will be better. However from what is "known" already, Apple have dropped the ball on this one, they had something great, now the market has caught up and their own policies mean the market, from my point of view has overtaken them.

Or when everybody realises these new iphone features are already available on android phones that have been out for weeks / months....

oh snap. I think the apple bubble just burst :D:D:D

This is probably one of Android's features I use most frequently. It's been available for months now.

I use an iPhone for work, so it is nice to see a similar feature finally coming to the iPhone as well.

And to answer your question more pointedly, anyone with an iPad, Macbook or iMac can appreciate the integration of technologies and data sharing in a way that those still working with an inferior Windows computer can't.

This is one of the most absurd arguments I see on an almost daily basis.

How is Windows inferior? Give some concrete examples. What type of data sharing can you do with those devices that a Windows user can't? I can sync just about anything between my Android phone, linux desktop, windows laptop, etc. rather easily (without vendor lock in).

I'm not saying Windows is the greatest OS out there (and granted I don't use it nearly as often nowadays), but simply because you find Apple products more enjoyable (and that's your opinion, fine -- I like my Macbook and iPad too. iTunes is perhaps one of the worst pieces of software I've ever had to use though), doesn't make other products inferior. Different strokes for different folks. Though that seems to be a hard concept to grasp for some avid fans of particular companies / products.

Reminds me of high-school when we argued which car was better.
yep...
I do have the perception that Apple is a better choice for the technophobes.
I'm not sure about that.. I have 1 mac which I purchased recently specifically to analyze the server logs easier. Native unix underneath the UI.

Apple vs non-Apple - just different tools, depends on the circumstances which is better. Personally I've no interest in an iPhone.

Reminds me of high-school when we argued which car was better.

I do have the perception that Apple is a better choice for the technophobes.

Depends on your workflow, really. But, yeah that certainly seems to be the case with my co-workers and friends. Most of them own a Macbook, a large part of that probably has to do with OS X being POSIX compliant (at least that's why I use one, though quite a few of them use some Linux flavor as their primary OS instead of OS X). Apple makes quality products (at least from a hardware standpoint), can't really argue with that. But there's also a perceived cool factor there too.

The sad thing is, a lot of Apple fans have a hard time articulating why they prefer their Apple product without having to trash a competitors product, which isn't doing them any favors -- just come off looking like a jerk who's foaming at the mouth.

I have to agree with Jason here.

I do love my Apple products, each one has a purpose for me.
But I still have my PC, operating windows 7, and have no desire to change that.

It really is possible to like both. :)

I have to agree with Jason here.

I do love my Apple products, each one has a purpose for me.
But I still have my PC, operating windows 7, and have no desire to change that.

It really is possible to like both. :)
Your brain washing just isn't completely yet :sneaky:.

"You must assimilate- Resistance is Futile."
images

Top Bottom