XF 1.5 Anyone have an idea whats causing this?

Is it just the default adsense code, or is there something more advanced loading those ads in?

Either way, XF isn't going to be involved in what is loaded within that iframe. I would recommend checking with your ad provider or advert platform developer (if applicable) to see if they can shed any light on that. Perhaps there's some sort of fallback URL in case an ad can't be loaded or similar.

Its stock adsense code - but it runs through Sirapo's ads manager. However, I have another location which is in the sidebar and doesn't run through the ad manager - and it sometimes does the same thing.

Its stock adsense code - but it runs through Sirapo's ads manager. However, I have another location which is in the sidebar and doesn't run through the ad manager - and it sometimes does the same thing.
So, unlikely to be related to the Siropu add-on, then, if that isn't always a factor. But, still, whatever code you are using is falling back to a local URL or a URL that doesn't exist, for some reason, so it's likely related to Adsense. Does Adsense have any sort of fallback URL value? So a URL it can load (such as a local placeholder image) if it cannot serve an ad? If so, it might be worth checking that.

The next time it happens, you might be able to find out what URL has loaded by right clicking where the ad is, and clicking "Inspect Element". You'll then need to look up the HTML tree looking for "iframe" elements. There might be a few but one of them should have a "src" attribute which, I imagine, will be referencing a URL on your server which might shed some light as to where this is coming from.

Top Bottom