Anyone going to ForumCon?

Good grief. So much discussion and speculation.

Kier didn't attend.
He cancelled a few days ago.
:), glad I didn't attend...it isn't that far from where I live and I was considering it but the only real reason to attend would have been for Kier...thank god I didn't attend afterall.

I attended, was a speaker, and discussed the future of forums on tablet devices and the upcoming Tapatalk HD for the iPad. It was actually a very good event and well attended with over 160 people. Kier unfortunately could not make it and his presence was most certainly missed. Still, there were plenty of other excellent presentations and a collection of some interesting and influential people.

I attended, was a speaker, and discussed the future of forums on tablet devices and the upcoming Tapatalk HD for the iPad. It was actually a very good event and well attended with over 160 people. Kier unfortunately could not make it and his presence was most certainly missed. Still, there were plenty of other excellent presentations and a collection of some interesting and influential people.
interesting thanx for sharing your feedback

Awe... Crap. Did you stumble across any of the speakers?

I tried asking Mr. Darby to reach someone, but according to Mr. Brogan just now, he didn't attend, and whatnot.

Er. Crap.

Awe... Crap. Did you stumble across any of the speakers?
I tried asking Mr. Darby to reach someone, but according to Mr. Brogan just now, he didn't attend, and whatnot.
Er. Crap.
Actually, I spent a great deal of time with many of the speakers and met a ton of interesting people including the guys who did Vanilla forums, someone from phpbb, Delphi, founders of ProBoards, spoke at length with Rob at ForumRunner and also with all the top guys at Viglink and got to speak to most of the panelists. Had a really nice time with Jamie V of VWVortex, Dan at Huddler and we had a good time the night before. What would you guys like to know? Happy to share.

Spoke to Mr. Liew?
If he was the first speaker, he looked vastly different and only had a few words prior to his "interview". The crux of what he said that I'm guessing you might be interested in is that the floor for their investments is $100 million and up. Typically, this precludes practically all individual forums and that their acquisitions will typically involve a company that has a portfolio of sites/forums.

Top Bottom