1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Wordpress Pro's in the house?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mikelowrey, Jun 27, 2016.

1. mikelowrey

mikelowrey Active Member

There is an excellent theme that I really like and the only bad things is that there is certain things that I would like that theme to have but the author has no interest in creating at the moment... So the question is, are you good a customizing already created themes and add certain features?

Thank you.

2. DPF

DPF Active Member

what features do you need created? I'm pretty crafty in WP.

3. mikelowrey

mikelowrey Active Member

Hey, this is the theme http://themeforest.net/item/point-finder-directory-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/10298703 and some of the things I have in mind now:

- Can you limit the amount of pictures per package? this is already available
    - Limit the amount of videos per package
    - Can you limit the amount of days per package? this is already available
    - Limit the amount of listingd per package
    - Ability to create a "free" package that would only display their name on the results and thats it, no more information, now if they want to show more then:
    - Create a package that shows address and telephone number, info, etc....
    - Can you add opening hours? this is already available
    - Create custom item field for different category
    - Can the theme provide directions? this is already available
    - Certain businesses have different locations, so the ability to add multiple addresses in one listing would be nice
    - Review system be different for each category? I guess that for now the way it has it is fine but would like to make better eventually
    - Ability to add the business into different categories
    - Would like the business to add their events and show those events in a calendar for the visitor to see whats happening in the month, etc...
    - Possibilities of businesses having a field for Discount or Coupons.
    - Ability to import from CSV, Excel
    - Ability to create custom item field for different category
    - Ability to createcustom item field for different package.
    As you can see is a business directory, so I dont expect this website to have 1000 online at the same time ( it would be nice though) but my concern is the ability of the platform to manage 80,000 businesses with no hiccups.... is it possbile?

There is more things, a few left, but here you have an idea.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's more than just a style, but a framework of some type that has some built in add-on functionality. Good luck with finding someone to do that extensive of a modification for without a "nice" charge.

Terror likes this.