Any way to detect ad-blockers?

CTXMedia

I was wondering if there is any way to detect if someone is using an ad-blocker?

I had an idea that you could possibly combine the detection with a feature to limit their access with perhaps a notice that says "We have detected that you use an ad-blocker so we have restricted what you can see at our site. Please turn off your ad-blocker for the full experience!"

In other words - don't block our ads (which fund the site you are wanting to access) and we won't block the content!! Simples!

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Fair enough. I just thought that if it was simple to implement it might be worth a try, but I don't want to waste time on it if it's a moving target ... (y)

Fair enough. I just thought that if it was simple to implement it might be worth a try, but I don't want to waste time on it if it's a moving target ... (y)
It is rather simple. Just put a javascript ad into your ad serving system which creates a database entry for userid, time in the "user has ad enabled" database table. You run this ad with a frequency capping for 1 / month. All users not in this database table don't have javascript or they don't display your ads.

Top Bottom