XF 2.2 Is there a way to detect changes in phrases and options of an addon?

Cylon

I was wondering if this could be possible. Maybe there is a last updated date somewhere.

The idea is to detect if the user adjusted the options for an addon or changed a phrase, maybe adding translations or correcting mistakes.

Any ideas?

XF already automatically flags outdated templates and phrases, if the current edited version is older.

What are you trying to do?

I'm developing an addon, that expands the xf rest api with some features, that I need in a client mobile app that I'm developing.

The app regularly downloads the options related to my addon, (and some general options from xenforo), to customize itself. The app downloads the phrases of my addon too, to display them in the UI.

What I want to do is to have a flag/flags indicating that an admin user adjusted the options in the admin dashboard for my addon, and a new download of the options is needed. The same goes for the phrases if a forum owner improves some phrase or does a translation.

Before I take the way of adding a new table to store these flags and intercept the saving of options and phrases in the dashboard myself to save my flags, I asked if there is already something similar available.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to do despite my not too good English.

Top Bottom