Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

Would love to know if the Xenforo developers are going to do a vBulletin and actually jump to version 2.3 like they do when they reached 5.7.5?
I'm guessing here that there would be a few more updates to come before 2.3 is out?
Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.14).

Change log:

There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

The version number in the fix message is wrong, but it will be removed from releases going forward.
Based on these messages if 2.2.14 is the wrong fix version number then one of two things is true:

1. We're skipping 2.2.14 and going directly to 2.2.15
2. 2.3 is the next version.

My bet is on the latter.

Not on support forums of a particular forum software mate.
Anyway i hope there is an update even if it is minor. Their Customers are getting frustrated.

I can't speak for anyone but me, but the frustration I'm seeing is about a lot more than just the lack of updates and a minor point release isn't going to do anything to change it. From what I can see, it has more to do with the amount of time it's taken on 2.3 specifically. Then you add in the fact that we were told a year ago it was getting close, and the lack of communication since, and it's understandable why things have come to a boiling point for some.

While Kier and Chris's comments made a month, or so, ago were very helpful to all of this, it really only buys them some time before the :poop: hits the fan again. My hope is that they HYSs will start before that happens so we can avoid all that negativity. While entertaining at times, it really doesn't do anything to help. If not, well, like I've always said, it's still XF for me and my sites until XF is no longer the best choice. That's very unlikely to change any time soon.

@mjda Kier's post back in July said that they'd move to smaller, more frequent updates, which is great, but that was after 2.3's release. In the meantime we await on tenterhooks and yeah, it's frustrating.

In the meantime, I wish they'd just release a point update that supported webp as a goodwill gesture. It's such a pita to have to convert the webp pictures to jpg every time and also to have them take up more space on the server.

Last edited:
Based on these messages if 2.2.14 is the wrong fix version number then one of two things is true:

1. We're skipping 2.2.14 and going directly to 2.2.15
2. 2.3 is the next version.

My bet is on the latter.
The original version of the message stated incorrectly that it had been fixed in XF 2.2.13. The fix is actually for 2.2.14. The message was updated to reflect that, as indicated by Brogan's message further down.

The next version is 2.2.14.

Then you add in the fact that we were told a year ago it was getting close, and the lack of communication since, and it's understandable why things have come to a boiling point for some.

Not to continue beating the drum, but this right here is exactly the concern and frustration.

The original version of the message stated incorrectly that it had been fixed in XF 2.2.13. The fix is actually for 2.2.14. The message was updated to reflect that, as indicated by Brogan's message further down.

The next version is 2.2.14.
Thanks for the update.

We've entered the final stage of development before the first 'Have you seen?' posts. Aside from producing those, which is a job in itself, we're currently adding the final spit and polish before we can show you what we've been working on.

We're not putting a time limit on it, but we're closer to the end than the start, by miles.

Bee Honey GIF by LEGO

We've entered the final stage of development before the first 'Have you seen?' posts. Aside from producing those, which is a job in itself, we're currently adding the final spit and polish before we can show you what we've been working on.

We're not putting a time limit on it, but we're closer to the end than the start, by miles.
Looking forward to it. Great to know we're getting close to release. :)

Sounds good. Will this version be ready before 2.2.14 or after?
Asking so i can inform people on my forum.

Top Bottom