Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

Not getting a single reply on something so basic as a company's documentation
Depends on what you are wanting "documentation" to do. If asking in the pre-sales help area, then getting detailed information is not something you are going to get. If asking about "manuals" on operation or developer documentation... just a simple downward scroll to the footer would be enlightening for most... but some can't seem to find it apparently. If asking about their "game plans"... then it's been that way since the 1.1 days. You will learn what's being released in the new version when it's near ready for release.

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 3.22.38 PM.png

If you are a developer and wanting to know specifics of the code base, then it would be presumed that
A) You can afford to obtain a copy of the script to use for your developmental purposes
or
B) I f you can't afford a copy of the script or are doing a bespoke single job for a client that, they should have the ability to grant you access to their licensed product.

As far back as the 1.2 days, the code base itself is WELL documented within it and a competent developer could ascertain what they needed by simple reviews of said code.

And this looks like it's pretty well laid out. Of course, as I said, it does take a little work like scrolling to the bottom of the screen and clicking a link.

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 3.28.07 PM.png

the code base itself is WELL documented within it and a competent developer could ascertain what they needed by simple reviews of said code.
Great to hear. If possible, can you point me to where it says there is any standard, spec, or protocol for auth within XF? For example, Invision Community support tells me they're OAuth compliant. Does it make sense that this question is important when doing auth-related integration with XF?
Thank you.

Great to hear. If possible, can you point me to where it says there is any standard, spec, or protocol for auth within XF? For example, Invision Community support tells me they're OAuth compliant. Does it make sense that this question is important when doing auth-related integration with XF?
Thank you.
Have you ever submitted a pre-sales ticket asking direct questions to the staff?

Thank you.
Since I'm' not a developer I'm not going to dig through the code for you. Suffice to say, it is there to be found.
Probably a good place to start would be /src/vendor/lusitanian/oauth/src/
And then maybe using the search function on the site for OAuth in the area that would be most appropriate for a developer to be asking?
Amazingly, it returned numerous discussions about it. This one would probably be of benefit.

I am all for Xenforo remaining a smal tight lean bug free sofwtare.

Can anyone tell us what major feaures shoiuld really be in the core

I would argue that we have most of them already, assuming you see Xenforo as primarily forum software. I haven't really seen many gaps on that front and even the upgrades from 2.1 and 2.2 have been more "nice to have" from the standpoint of just running a discussion site than core. A lot of the "we must have this" items I see being discussed heatedly tend to be expanding the system into more of a CMS rather than improving the actual discussion functionality.

So, the first question might be: What do you see Xenforo as being? Because what is core is going to be different if you have my perspective, of XF being first and foremost software for running a discussion forum, vs. someone who sees it as a potential CMS by expanding the customization options. For me, I am happy to see that kind of stuff happen in add-ons (e.g. Bob's AMS or the XF Resource Manager and Media Gallery).

see fourm software similar to computer operating systems and word procccssors.
Eg when they first came out eg Windonws 3.11 or 7 etc, there were genuine new features.
Eg dictionaries, calendars, cut and paste, sorting etc etc
But now with Windows 10, its reached the stage where everything that can be put in an OS has been.
Now any new feautres are to do with "collabaration" and small cosmetic items
Ie forum software is now fully mature, and there is nowhere to go, aside from small cosmetic updates

Ie forum software is now fully mature, and there is nowhere to go, aside from small cosmetic updates

whew maybe they can just focus to make the stuff that is already there smoother then.....finally, perhaps...:LOL::confused:

theres going to be a new golden era you can quote that....idk when....even with third party it might take till xf2.4 to get there without custom code but.....i can imagine it growing more likely as time passes.....this small excitement wayyy back in some part of my mind..

understand this is a tech wasteland for many years between vb crash and burn and xf growing into itself....it is still new and happening presently imho. ...it was a bad timing with some social medias fair enough, but you know whats about to happen :whistle:

I am all for Xenforo remaining a smal tight lean bug free sofwtare.

Considering I have a small hack in place to enable my forum as a progressive web app, then finishing that.

Also out of the box OAuth support with multiple providers, and vice versa being able to use your XF as an OAuth provider out of the box, with your other services.

Template improvement so theres a change log similar to a git repository.

Last edited:
see fourm software similar to computer operating systems and word procccssors.
Eg when they first came out eg Windonws 3.11 or 7 etc, there were genuine new features.
Eg dictionaries, calendars, cut and paste, sorting etc etc
But now with Windows 10, its reached the stage where everything that can be put in an OS has been.
Now any new feautres are to do with "collabaration" and small cosmetic items
I remember a similar approach from a developer... hmmm... let me remember... Oh it was vBulletin.

Top Bottom