1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Outlook users around?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =MGN=RedEagle, May 24, 2013.

1. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Just switched to Office Outlook 2013 (program) from Thunderbird and I am wondering, how can I get a shared inbox (as found on iPad/iPhone) where I can check all my mail in one inbox rather than checking each separate email's inbox?
  2. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

You want to sync your emails between devices, you mean?
  3. Hoffi

Hoffi Well-Known Member

Use IMAP instead of POP3.
  4. =MGN=RedEagle

Nope, I have like ten mail accounts and I want them all to show up in one central inbox in outlook.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Set up all accounts to deliver to the same data file.

I do exactly the same.
  6. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Have they actually enabled IMAP yet? I had a test account and at the time IMAP wasnt provided. Still crap compared to Gmail sadly.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, just use imap.gmail.com for the incoming mail server, if it's a gmail address for example.
  8. =MGN=RedEagle

That sounds like what I am looking for. I hope I can get them to go to two at once.
  9. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

I was doing that too. I believe you can also set up a "search folder" that pulls unread messages or just messages from other folders but it may be a touch slower. It just depends on how you want to sort and divy stuff.
  10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Wrong direction !

All email in one inbox ? I think the default Outlook setup does that.
    In 2007 it does.
  11. =MGN=RedEagle

True, but I need to be able to copy and paste from Word. This is the only reason. Thunderbird is the best ever mail program.

Windows live mail has the central inbox by default.