1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Any options for Auto Tagging of threads?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Donny, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Donny

Donny Active Member

Are there any options to automatically tag threads from either the thread title, or thread title AND content?

Would love this if it exists?

2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

I believe XenTag has this feature.

Donny likes this.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

4. tyteen4a03

5. Donny

Donny Active Member

6. Shelley

Feel free to start one up.

TBH I've never used this add-on so unsure whether there is an option for auto-tagging. You are probably best asking the author of the add-on or maybe post in resources requests for such an add-on though I suspect auto tagging will be an add-on you are going to have to pay to be developed if xentag doesn't have the feature your requiring.

Donny likes this.
  7. Donny

Donny Active Member

Cheers Shelley. I've asked in the resource thread for XenTag to see if it can actually do it. Thanks for your help. :)

Shelley likes this.
  8. Shelley

No problem. Hopefully it does/will do what your looking for and you have some luck with it. :)

Donny likes this.
  9. tyteen4a03

As I mentioned, you can.

tag.png

Donny and Shelley like this.
  10. Donny

Donny Active Member

Yes that's what I've had selected on a couple of occasions and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Think I missed some code edits during installation? (I didn't do any at all, just upload the files and XML).

11. Donny

Donny Active Member

I think I've figured out what that feature is. It links wording in your posts (all posts, first post, etc) to tags you've already made, automatically. But doesn't actually tag threads automatically. It's pretty cool. I think I've over-done it though my threads look like they belong to a seriously money-hungry skimlinks forum, where the adverts just go to tag pages. :/

I'll keep looking, or end up paying a developer I think.

12. Donny

Donny Active Member

Any movement with this?

13. viper357

viper357 Active Member

bump, any add-ons for this yet?

14. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Yep, wonderfull addon - tag essentials from @Daniel Hood
    You can set predefinited tags per forum, so when user create thread, they will automaticall added to that thread, also it will use any tag from thread title too

15. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Thanks but that's way too expensive for me.