Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikoo

*Mods edit* As per this post we will use this thread to keep all discussions of a similar nature contained to one topic. Note any and all attacks as well as off topic posts will be removed. */Mods edit*

I absolutely love xenforo:) , but as rumors about serious problems at xenforo´s do not stop, I - and obviously many other users - get more and more worried and nervous, not knowing whether I/we might have to change to another software very soon. Please do not get me wrong. Let me just cite someone from another forum to make my point clear:

"Xenforo is a young software. And from what see it seems Kier has stopped progressing it for some reason... its been too quiet...."

I would not ask for some real and reliable good news if I was not used to another kind of communication. Kier and Mike used to be very active, customer-oriented and kept us customers always up to date - just THE BIG DIFFERENCE the way customers were treated at IB (at least IMHO) - I was really fed up with IB and very enthusiastic about xenforo. But things seem to have changed for some reason... then: Brogan left the team... some people say Mike left the team, too... some say Mike is still in the team, but he and Kier are behind the schedule... bugs seem to have been fixed, but no regular update has been released for some time... finally: Kier´s last post: 8. of May... and so customers get the impression, questions and rumors are ignored on purpose... simply because they are true?!

I think, no one around here would complain if Kier and Mike only popped in every now and then if there was too much work to do. But as customers get worried and nervous, more of them think about moving to another software... simply they do not know what´s going on...

IMHO it is absolutely necessary to stop these rumors before they are going to become a serious threat for the whole project. And the only way of doing this is: Please tell us very frankly what the situation is and what your plans are. The xenforo community still is very enthusiastic and will stand by you - but please do not miss out on telling us what´s going on. I am sure it would not be a waste of time - but if you do not, rumors will definitely increase...

As I said before: I absolutely love xenforo - so please "give us some good news".

There are so many things wrong with your post.

Xenforo is a young software. And from what see it seems Kier has stopped progressing it for some reason... its been too quiet....
No he hasn't: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/resolved-bugs/

I think, no one around here would complain if Kier and Mike only popped in every now and then
They both do. Kier is on every day. Often resolves bug reports. They both respond to official support queries. And Mike is still here daily according to staff, but he choses to remain invisible - which is his right to do so.

IMHO it is absolutely necessary to stop these rumors
Here's official non-rumours:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/onwards.31311/#post-358409

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-update.25726/#post-311302

Now stop worrying.

The only people that can answer that is Kier, Mike or Ashley.
Reading between the lines answers nothing.

Sorry, Yorick, but...
There is absolutley nothing new in your post, and your kind of condescending way of answering (actually telling me more or less to stop whining) does not help at all. Sorry for being kind of blunt. I would be the very last one to spread bad news... I should be very glad if there was real good news, simply because I do not think that any other software is an alternative to xenforo.

I will wait it out till end of this month. If there's no product news by then, I will stop recommending XF (until there is product news). But I will continue to use it on the one site I use it (but drop my plans of converting the other two).

The good news is that XenForo is a huge success. The bad news is that the lawsuit is ongoing which negatively impacts everything. The good news is that XenForo expects to win the lawsuit. The bad news is they don't know when that will be.

This is all old news. There is nothing new to report.

Sorry, Yorick, but...
There is absolutley nothing new in your post, and your kind of condescending way of answering (actually telling me more or less to stop whining) does not help at all. Sorry for being kind of blunt. I would be the very last one to spread bad news... I should be very glad if there was real good news, simply because I do not think that any other software is an alternative to xenforo.
I was not telling you to stop whining, as such, but what I was pointing out was facts.

You said a number of things in your post that aren't true or rumour, I have merely corrected you with facts.

The good news is that XenForo is a huge success. The bad news is that the lawsuit is ongoing which negatively impacts everything. The good news is that XenForo expects hopes to win the lawsuit. The bad news is they don't know when that will be.

Fixed.
No one can say for sure.
It ain't over until the Fat Lady sings.

I chose my words carefully. They expect to win:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-statement-regarding-the-current-litigation.7567/

d) We will defend our position, and expect the claims to be defeated.

An expected win is good news.

The good news is that XenForo is a huge success. The bad news is that the lawsuit is ongoing which negatively impacts everything. The good news is that XenForo expects to win the lawsuit. The bad news is they don't know when that will be.

The TS is not asking about the law suit only asking about news of the product. People need to plan their website and i do not mean information for one to two weeks but longer periods like 2 to 6 months whats the long term vision. More information is always better in many cases.

That KAM have it not so good at the moment is understanding with the law suit over their heads but they also need to think about their customers that have entrusted them with development of software that they use to make a living. With not showing them self's on the forums like they used to will only fuel gossip and make people wonder if the software is still the right choice, in the end you only hurt your self (Xenforo) and your customers.

If KAM can't do it them self's addressing the community i would recommend hiring someone that can do that for a few hours in a month, that can act as a liaison between KAM and Community. The liaison can also ask what the vision is and so on that way KAM only has to talk to one person that is less problematic then addressing many people. Also he/she can do some marketing like the add-on that should be coming etc etc so that people get exited and want it now instead willing to wait.

The TS is not asking about the law suit only asking about news of the product. People need to plan their website and i do not mean information for one to two weeks but longer periods like 2 to 6 months whats the long term vision. More information is always better in many cases.

That KAM have it not so good at the moment is understanding with the law suit over their heads but they also need to think about their customers that have entrusted them with development of software that they use to make a living. With not showing them self's on the forums like they used to will only fuel gossip and make people wonder if the software is still the right choice, in the end you only hurt your self (Xenforo) and your customers.

If KAM can't do it them self's addressing the community i would recommend hiring someone that can do that for a few hours in a month, that can act as a liaison between KAM and Community. The liaison can also ask what the vision is and so on that way KAM only has to talk to one person that is less problematic then addressing many people. Also he/she can do some marketing like the add-on that should be coming etc etc so that people get exited and want it now instead willing to wait.

Oh. Then the good news is that development is ongoing and 1.2 is targeted for Q2 which is soon:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/onwards.31311/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-update.25726/

That is all of the information about 1.2 right now.

Oh. Then the good news is that development is ongoing and 1.2 is targeted for Q2 which is soon:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/onwards.31311/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-update.25726/

That is all of the information about 1.2 right now.

A bit out of date and not what many are asking maybe good enough for you if you have no ambition to grow in online activity.

People are asking for up to date information not something that's a month old and in internet terms month old equals years at the moment. The only company that gives at the moment good information about up coming releases is IPB they have the art of involving people in development and product figured out and make good use of it.

The only company that gives at the moment good information about up coming releases is IPB they have the art of involving people in development and product figured out and make good use of it.

... which used to be Kier´s and Mike´s strength.

... which used to be Kier´s and Mike´s strength.

Yes that was the strength of Xenforo to and to be fair Kier with his video's where awesome learned a lot of them even i am not a coder. Mike's video's well there good but the way Kier talks to you its better then Mike, Kier has a better voice for it.

"What would life be without any risks and challenges?"

You answered all your own questions with your sig......

There is almost no possibility that you would even have to "change to another software very soon". If an asteroid hit England and Scotland this very day, I don't see why I would have to move for a few years....and there are plenty of importers and exporters.

I understand your concerns, but my old software was YEARS behind in carrying out their upgrade promises...which never happened at all. I used the software the whole time and could still use it fine today. So the very idea of a month or two...or even a year at this point (with the stable release) means much seems strange to me.

Sorry, Yorick, but...
here ya go

I'd like to add my personal thanks to Paul (Brogan) for his efforts. He has been an invaluable member of the XenForo team, and I will be forever grateful for everything he has done for and with us.

As some of you may have noticed, we have now appointed Jake and Slavik to moderator positions here at XenForo.com. Please join me in welcoming them to the team, and let us resolve to make their time here both rewarding and enjoyable by keeping the tone of discussions civil and pleasant. There is no place for rude or abusive posting on this site.

Development of XenForo is ongoing. It never stopped. Thank you all for your support.
This is really all we need to worry about.
Has the team ever lied to us or tried to cover up something horrible? (like another script we all know)

I know it may be hard, but have faith in xenforo :)

Or you can always start your forum on another script like mybb or something, then convert over to xf when you feel better about it.

Threads like this tend to just reproduce the same info over and over again, and not really accomplishing anything while doing it.

The only company that gives at the moment good information about up coming releases is IPB they have the art of involving people in development and product figured out and make good use of it.

If you could mix the PR department of IPB with the developers of Xenforo you'd have a bullet proof company. I think IPB have seized upon the failings of first vB and then later, Xenforo, in this area and have excelled. They realise that us customers are a fickle bunch who need a pat on the head from time to time.

If you could mix the PR department of IPB with the developers of Xenforo you'd have a bullet proof company. I think IPB have seized upon the failings of first vB and then later, Xenforo, in this area and have excelled. They realise that us customers are a fickle bunch who need a pat on the head from time to time.
It all costs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom