XF 2.0 Another favicon ?

vinnymickey

I am using "realfavicon" plugin for various favicon placements and all is working fine with my website with placement on browsers and devices. I am trying to get just my forum to be placed on devices home screen using a custom pic/favicon. My forum directory is public_html/community...

I tried adding favicon and apple-touch-icon.png in main community directory but still no luck. On iphone I get a pic of Xen frontpage and on android i get Xens "D" avatar pic...Any tips? what am I missing?

Don't think it is a caching issue as of now been trying this over time and think i ma doing somethng rong or naming pic wrong. TY

You generally need to add these paths into the HTML code (within the <head> tag) on your site, particularly if you're XF install isn't in the root directory. You want to look at the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

The default images are in this folder path:

/styles/default/xenforo/

Though if you change those, you have to delete them from any subsequent upgrade package before uploading.

I did add the path via styles&templates right before the </head>. I bailed out and deleted it and now I keep seeing custom changes in PAGE_PAGE changes (see pic). Is this something I did? It’s also there after I upgraded from candidate one to two.

Everything else checks out. Just double checking the custom changes. Or is this part of the upgrade...TY

Attachments

• 25ADE58F-1814-4340-885E-D66E855AB1FC.webp
    25ADE58F-1814-4340-885E-D66E855AB1FC.webp
    105.6 KB · Views: 32
PS also seeing a ! On home page—-templates that might be outdated and links to same custom pages page above...

Attachments

• 0B93F15A-83F8-43C0-AC64-02FE17AF82EE.webp
    0B93F15A-83F8-43C0-AC64-02FE17AF82EE.webp
    99.5 KB · Views: 30
OK don't know what I did but used the merge and it worked. I am guessing I have to learn where child theme is for custom changes :)

I'll learn my way around more and bail on this topic for now, TY all....

Top Bottom